Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Yanmar.

Frank, I can`t comment about s/motor as an individual item, but Yanmar diesel engines are spot on.
My uncle had a boat with one for years, - many fishing trips and runs to France, never missed a beat, even when the sea was rough, always reliable even after periods of inactivity.

John

I'll second that, they are a well respected company.

The building company I used to work for had 2 of their mini diggers and they were great machines and very reliable. :icon-biggrin:

X3 for boat diesels - 43' ketch I used to run around in had one that never let us down

I have a Yanmar diesel engine in my John Deere mower - well respected engines

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are you thinking of fitting the Yanmar starter to your 80? What voltage would it run on?

Yes that's right Rob. I now realise that Yanmar use the same Denso/Toyota product rather than make their own motors so I've come full circle. It's a 12volt. Wood Auto apparently supplied a decent product but their new stock just in are much cheaper so I guess poorer quality. I don't want a starter failing when I'm just about to get on a ferry! My latest plan is to buy a used one and recon it.

Denso 22800-05992
Toyota 28100-17060

That is what I had to do in the end Frank as I did not trust any of the aftermarket ones, buy used and then rebuild it.

Yanmar even has (or had) a marinized version of the 6-cyl LC engine, giving around 300 HP. Shows they take quality seriously :).

Last edited:
Alternately contact Mike at Robson and Francis.

Yanmar diesels are excellent.

Back