Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Yorkshire moors

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Not as epic as some trips but we've just had a nice weekend camping and laning in the north Yorkshire moors, last dad's and kids trip of the year and the weather has been perfect.
Campsite was only a 40 minute drive from home but has play parks etc for the kids. Bit last minute as it was only arranged 2 weeks ago.

We got set up on Friday
20181019_215440.jpg

Yep with electric hook up and a radiator to keep warm, tent was toasty.

Had a cook up under the stars, 80 doing it's job
20181019_192932.jpg

Nice and cosy the next morning, rad ticking over all night
20181020_084907.jpg

Bit of breakfast before heading out
20181020_095132.jpg

We only had a short ish route planned, about 6 hours and a nice Bit of time just the 2 of us

20181020_130336.jpg

Bit of controlled burning in the background and a nice bright day.
Calender photo?

Table for 2 for lunch, didn't see anyone else on the lanes all day.
20181020_124606.jpg

20181020_140812.jpg

We drove a few lanes including one I've not driven before, will be re visting it but to drive up without Lily as it was interesting.

Had a stop off in grosmont and timed it right for a steam train arriving, someone left the phone in the 80 so no pics!! Bit of a cake stop and a comfort break.

Back to the campsite and yes I had a few turns on the zip line.
Brilliant views too.
20181020_170005.jpg

Cooked while the sun was going down. Burgers from the local butcher, potatoes and tomato soup.
20181020_172836.jpg

There's that 80, we were the only group camping, was only a few people with caravans who thought we were mad lol.
20181020_170129.jpg

Lovely sunset
20181020_181053.jpg

Fire pit which kept us nice and warm outside
20181020_231126.jpg

Nice stress free weekend which has been needed, have to re qualify for master tech in a week so was nice to get away.

Lovely. Good weather this weekend, I think you managed to catch the last of it for the year. Your swing out carrier /table is very cool. As for your fire pit, is it the one with the fold out legs that double as a grill?

Yeah we had great weather.
It's a Kaymar swing out carrier and a front runner table, comes in very handy.

The fire pit isn't mine so couldn't tell you tbh.

Hi Gary, looks like a fantastic weekend. What was the name of that campsite? My son would love it up there.

Wow looks like a great trip :)
Any idea where i'd find the routes for the lanes you visited ? I'm looking to do just a few without an overnight (It'll be in November) ) Do you think they'll be easily passable around then, obviously not if there's a foot of snow. My Kiwi girlfriend is over and I want to show that the "motherland" has some scenery too.

Hi Gary, looks like a fantastic weekend. What was the name of that campsite? My son would love it up there.

Campsite is The golden square campsite, really nice place with lots for the kids.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow looks like a great trip :)
Any idea where i'd find the routes for the lanes you visited ? I'm looking to do just a few without an overnight (It'll be in November) ) Do you think they'll be easily passable around then, obviously not if there's a foot of snow. My Kiwi girlfriend is over and I want to show that the "motherland" has some scenery too.

A lot of them are in my head or on my tablet as my local lanes.

Depending on what you want to do terrain wise I could send you a couple of gpx files with some lanes. Everything from steady gravel tracks to some big rocks that test the rock sliders out!!

November is passable, cold and possibly icy on the single track roads. Avoid in snow unless have other vehicles as it gets interesting.

On a clear day as above you can see over to Whitby which is a nice stop off too.

A lot of them are in my head or on my tablet as my local lanes.

Depending on what you want to do terrain wise I could send you a couple of gpx files with some lanes. Everything from steady gravel tracks to some big rocks that test the rock sliders out!!

November is passable, cold and possibly icy on the single track roads. Avoid in snow unless have other vehicles as it gets interesting.

On a clear day as above you can see over to Whitby which is a nice stop off too.

Sent you a PM :)

Very nice too Gary, doesn’t matter what you do, one-on-one time with the nipper is worth gold.. :thumbup:

@clivehorridge you're not wrong mate, it's nice to have a bit of time just the 2 of us. When he's a bit older Oscar will join us too (give Emma a break lol) he's still a mummies boy so it wouldn't be relaxing for me.

Friends with the 80 again which helps lol.

Back