Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series mods and repairs FAQ

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Below is a (growing FAQ) for the 100 series as well as some interesting posts people have made about it.

Feel free to add to the thread, if your post is just a link or an Question with Answer, it will be added to this list (with credit) and your post deleted to keep the replies down.

Repairs:

Mods:

Last edited by a moderator:
Crispin, the links dont work, .net not .co.uk :lol: :lol: :lol:

blobrob said:
Crispin, the links dont work, .net not .co.uk :lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew that ;)

The original domain was .co.uk but we decided to stick with the .net only option.
All fixed now :)

Just for my education, BTW I go on the principle it is never too late :) .
Anyway back to the point, I notice the 100 is noted as going from 1998 - 2002 on the index, should it not be to 2007, or is there maybe the need for another section, i.e. 2003-2007.

Please don't put too much emphasis on the schedule - I probably need to update that from 200-ish onwards :oops:

A job for the weekend ...

The picture is probably better info for now but is also out of date.

Perfect thanks, just asking in case I had found another gap in my novices knowledge :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd love to know how to repair Diffs - not sure if it's beyond me. Did Jon do a thread on this a few years ago?

Have a read of www.gearinstalls.com mostly you need patience, time and a few 'special' tools more than you need to be good at mechanical things.

Have a read of www.gearinstalls.com mostly you need patience, time and a few 'special' tools more than you need to be good at mechanical things.

Jon

You know what it's like... I've never had a job that's stumped me yet! AHC, Torque Converter, Injection pump, etc. But always feel a bit exposed when doing something that I've never tried.

It's really a tiny bit of slap that I'm trying to eliminate, but worth doing.

Quite a few threads listed above I`d genuinly fancy to read
But can`t access.......
With co.uk or without

Any chance for an update?
Please

Left side of my 1999 LC stereo has no sound. Swapped over a reliable head and no help. Like to upgrade to touch screen and I want to use the bass function of my current factory amp.
Just like to find out what is causing the whole left side to be blown any way to troubleshoot???

Hi Guys has anybody had anything to do with the 5.7 V8 3UR-FE trying to find out if they will bolt in to a 2004 UZJ100 4.7 2UZ-FE is the bolt up the same will my 5 speed auto bolt up or is there shit loads of work required to fit sump etc a few more cubes for towing would be great as my old 62 series has a strocker 5.7 V8 in it not a Toyota engine and it tow my caravan like a dream just wondering if anybody has done the swap or knows somtheing about the 3UR-FE thanks G from down under

Last edited:
Back