Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

17inch wheels

Have a word with Greg & Ian - they had some in a month back...

Where've you been hiding?? Have you got that cab project finished yet?? :lol:

Humph - didn't know that!

You can also try Seafield Coachworks in Edi - Billy Neish is your man - he's now a Coopets and wheel dealer for Mickey Thompson - google seafield and also Scotland 4x4. He's also a TBR distributor. Good guy to deal with. Tell him I sent you if you go there. He had nice steel rims at a not too bad price ...

I didn't know you were after some Gaz :oops:

They were wrapped in BFG AT's & they were planning on eBaying them so they may have gone by now - t'was a set of four IIRC...

Yep - saving my pennies for some 8" wide rims because I don't think the standard 7" will run 285 or 305 comfortably - and I want the spacers out so I want a 0 offset rim ... And some of those black steels are cool :lol:

I have a set of 17" 5 bolt toyo alloys if you interested. Not steel but an option

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Warren - I think the 90 and defo the 120 have 6-stud rims, same PCD as the 80 I think

Cheers

Why not just stuff some 80 alloys on Gaz?? I have some you can borrow to try out... Just gotta get the tyres you need on sale or return then!!! :lol:

That would be first prize, but 16" rims don't fit over the 120 calipers without some judicious application of an angry grinder. I know what would happen if I tried that! FUBAR!!
:lol: :oops: :?

The 17" steels Ian had were -30mm offset which is a bit more than Gary wants :) Shame as they have / had some nice BFG AT's on them.

Gav Peter said:
Have a word with Greg & Ian - they had some in a month back...

Where've you been hiding?? Have you got that cab project finished yet?? :lol:

Hello mate, I made a promise to my mrs that i wouldn't touch the LC before i finished renovating a cottage we have near Dunkeld. That's nearly done so i've got one eye on (re)starting the LC, hence why i'm after wheels. Works been a bit of a bind but i'm getting that under control so should be doing sensible hours soon.

I never got round to getting the cab off the chassis but hope to get chance over the next month or so.

I'm also looking for a decent complete late LR defender bulkhead at a reasonable price. I've pretty much got everything else i need as i've been collecting on the quiet..

warrenpfo said:
I have a set of 17" 5 bolt toyo alloys if you interested. Not steel but an option

Thanks but i'm after 6 stud for an 80.

Gary Stockton said:
That would be first prize, but 16" rims don't fit over the 120 calipers without some judicious application of an angry grinder. I know what would happen if I tried that! FUBAR!!
:lol: :oops: :?
Gary is right almost,,,,,,,
However I would go further to say that to get the 16 inch, 80 rims on the 120 series, the front calipers would have to be totally taken away.

And a lot of good that would be. :mrgreen:
So no matter how much angle grinder work is done, this just ain't going to work.
The front calipers are huge, and even with standard 17 inch wheels, there is precious little clearance, maybe 4mm.
You may be able to get a thin 16 inch steel, over the very early calipers, with a fair bit of meat taken off the caliper, but this is serious butchery.

Graham

Back