Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

18" OEM wheels

Go for 305 65 18, they are another popular choice so will be available and will look awesome. :thumbup:

CANEX said:
I don't know if it helps but I have just bought a cruiser with 265/65-18 BF Goodrich AT's - so that size is available, no info where they came from though :?

You are quite right...but I like more rubber underneath :) ....yours are close to standard size. I need 285/65-18 -or the "sought after" size 275/70-18 to equal what I am running on now ..

Beau said:
Go for 305 65 18, they are another popular choice so will be available and will look awesome. :thumbup:

I agree totaalllyy :cool: ....they will also equal my current set of wheels in size :thumbup: ....But I am really interested in trying out the tall, narrow path now...if possible (when staying loyal to BFG-AT!) :roll:

It is annoying when you can see BFG make them and you can't buy them :evil:

Hi Lars,
When I am in Germany I use to buy always the tyres from here http://www.reifentiefpreis.de/?gclid=CKeF3vfZ9a0CFaQmtAod4hMmCQ
Now, if you have some friends or relatives in Germany you can use them address for delivery due to free shipment within DE of this firma. I know that Denmark is close to Deutschland(I use to work in Copenhagen for Sterling Airlines and often I had to travel to Germany) and if the price is OK you can get a very good tyres.
You might ask them for shipment cost to Denmark, but I am not sure if abroad shipment possible.
Good luck !
My LC100 tyres are from them, Dunlop Grandtrek AT23(275/60R18) and now I see that there are discounted from 240Euro to
184Euro see this http://www.reifentiefpreis.de/Offroadreifen/18-Zoll/275-60-R18/?action=reifen kaufen

Lars,
What tires have you eventually put on your 18" OEM rims?
I am also having these rims on my LC100 and I plan to go to Kazakhstan with it but before, would need to replace the road tires with some A/T ones.
Would you have an idea of A/T tires I could fit on these wheels.
I like the BF Goodrich AT but they are slightly thinner or wider than the current stock Bridgestone duelers (265 or 285mm for the BFG AT versus 275mm).
Does it matter? Would the BFG could fit the rims?

Thanks,
Tibo

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Lars,
When I am in Germany I use to buy always the tyres from here http://www.reifentiefpreis.de/?gclid=CKeF3vfZ9a0CFaQmtAod4hMmCQ
Now, if you have some friends or relatives in Germany you can use them address for delivery due to free shipment within DE of this firma. I know that Denmark is close to Deutschland(I use to work in Copenhagen for Sterling Airlines and often I had to travel to Germany) and if the price is OK you can get a very good tyres.
You might ask them for shipment cost to Denmark, but I am not sure if abroad shipment possible.
Good luck !
My LC100 tyres are from them, Dunlop Grandtrek AT23(275/60R18) and now I see that there are discounted from 240Euro to
184Euro see this http://www.reifentiefpreis.de/Offroadreifen/18-Zoll/275-60-R18/?action=reifen%20kaufen

Hi emanoeladrian and sorry for the late response :oops:....

I checked your german website -and of course there is no discount at the moment. I also had the Dunlop Grantreks when the car was new, but I think they are very hard -and I remember having many problems with them!

It sounds like a nice car you have, the 2006 model...is it possible to see some photos somewhere? Have you made any modifications to the car?

Gr. Lars

Lars,
What tires have you eventually put on your 18" OEM rims?
I am also having these rims on my LC100 and I plan to go to Kazakhstan with it but before, would need to replace the road tires with some A/T ones.
Would you have an idea of A/T tires I could fit on these wheels.
I like the BF Goodrich AT but they are slightly thinner or wider than the current stock Bridgestone duelers (265 or 285mm for the BFG AT versus 275mm).
Does it matter? Would the BFG could fit the rims?

Thanks,
Tibo

Hi Tibo, I have decided on the 285/65-18 AT BFG since I am very pleased with my third set of 295/75-16 both in durability and reliability. I have not altered anything in the suspension to accomodate the bigger tires. Only when AHC is in "low" can I provoke some rubbing!

Sounds exiting with your trip to Kazakhstan.....turkey is also on my wishlist of destinations.

Gr Lars

Hi Lars,
Thank you for your message!
I eventually bought second hand 16"x8" toyota rims.
Do the 295/75-16 BFG tires you have, are fitted on similar rims?
295mm wide sounds huge (compared to 265mm stock tires on 16" rims). Would you have a picture?

Kazakhstan is interesting. In fact I did, with a friend of mine, the Mongol Rally (sort of charity rally which starts in the UK and ends in Mongolia) in a used ambulance. Unfortunately, there was a leakage on the gear box that we didn't notice and it failed.
So we had to give up in Astana and now my plan is to return there and to repair the ambulance and to bring it to Mongolia or Tadjikistan (depending on which rally is willing to accept our ambulance).

Turkey is nice also but this is the country where the petrol/diesel is the most expensive.

Thibaut

Hi Lars,
Thank you for your message!
I eventually bought second hand 16"x8" toyota rims.
Do the 295/75-16 BFG tires you have, are fitted on similar rims?
295mm wide sounds huge (compared to 265mm stock tires on 16" rims). Would you have a picture?

Kazakhstan is interesting. In fact I did, with a friend of mine, the Mongol Rally (sort of charity rally which starts in the UK and ends in Mongolia) in a used ambulance. Unfortunately, there was a leakage on the gear box that we didn't notice and it failed.
So we had to give up in Astana and now my plan is to return there and to repair the ambulance and to bring it to Mongolia or Tadjikistan (depending on which rally is willing to accept our ambulance).

Turkey is nice also but this is the country where the petrol/diesel is the most expensive.

Thibaut

Hi Tibo,

You are quite right about fuel in Turkey...it´s 2 euro/L :shock:....

I have had the 295/75-16 on the original alloy rims between 120.000 km and now 360.000 km, so running on my new third set I would say it is tested very well :icon-cool:

DSC_0023.jpg
DSC_0021.jpg
DSC_0070.jpg

Here it is from different angles ...hope it gives you an idea

Looking forward to see pictures of your adventures :icon-smile:

Greetings

Lars

Back