1986 Toyota LJ70 LandCruiser original wheel and tire sizes?

Kileni Apr 30, 2016

1. Kileni

Kileni New Member

Map
    Can anyone tell me what the original 1986 Toyota LJ70 LandCruiser wheel (rim) and tire sizes were?

Was there only one factory original wheel (rim), or were there various? Got any pictures?

Thank you!

2. Winegrower

Winegrower New Member I am in united_states

My FZJ 70 with original steel wheels are 15 inch. I've been searching for original tire size too. I've not been able to find the tire size data yet. I've attached a photo for you. This one was built in Venezuela and I'm not certain if the origin makes a difference in the actual wheels that were fitted originally. I'll let you know if I dig up anything.

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ70  (17).jpg

3. Bungarra

Bungarra Active Member I am in australia

Map
    Toy 1985images.jpg Originally here in OZ they were 7.50 x 16 LT on split rims

[​IMG]

4. Paddler Ed

Paddler Ed Well-Known Member I am in australia

Garage:
    Map
    Stock sizes for Australian market:

Light 70s (Bundera) LJ70
    Heavy 70s came with a range of sizes as well:
    Hope that helps,

Ed

5. Winegrower

Winegrower New Member I am in united_states

Ed,
    You really helped out with that info! Having what the Venezuelans call the FZJ 70, a "Machito" built in Venezuela here in the USA where they weren't imported along with an internet that wants to confine the search to the US has made it difficult to get info on this puppy. Sure glad you folks down under are on the ball. Thanks

6. stgibson

stgibson New Member I am in panama

Map
    I have an 1986 LJ70 here in Panama that was manufactured in Venezuela. The original wheels where 175R16 split rims.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter