Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1995 Toyota Landcruiser 24valve 4.2TD Manual, Overland ready. 4x4 lots of extras

BigO

Hi All,

I'm consider this as an option for my overland trip through Central Asia next year.

I can't post the link unfortunately. If you search ebay via the title above or the following reference you'll find it.
Ebay ref: 130805817183. Its asking 12k but sitting around 5k for current bid.

Your thoughts would be appreciated?

Jon

It has no air con and looking at the one piece rear window I would say it was an import which will most likely mean no diff locks.

I really can't see it making his asking price even with all that kit onboard, £7-8k absolute max.

Last edited:
He brought it for 5k and spent 6-7k servicing and upgrading. Another 3.5-4k on extras.

It has working front and rear diff locks.

As Bat21 says, £7-8k absolute max.
No way is he ever in a million years going to recoup all the money he has spent on it.

And he says he is off to China ?

Gra.

It's always tougher to value the 'overland ready' trucks. The BiN does seem high but then again if you would have to pay someone else to service axles and fit suspension lift etc then it can be an expensive game so having it already done is worth more ... front seat seems excessively worn for the stated mileage. Things like the electric windows need sorting and possibly other mechanical issues. How are the gear changes? You could still end up spending a lot of money to get it right.

Last edited:
Yeah its a tricky one. I purchased a cheap landcruiser on the basis of upgrading it based on my own spec. However that is looking more expensive than I would have hoped. Thus I'm investigating other options before I decide to proceed with my current option. I'm off to see the car tomorrow so we'll see.

Any tips on what to look out for?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just the usual second hand car stuff really - does it drive ok, is the gearbox smooth especially 2nd gear which is the one that usually gives trouble, do the lockers work and is the extra equipment that's putting the price up stuff you actually want and remember they are second hand to you so value them based on what you might pick up second hand for an unprepared truck IMO.

Back