Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1fz-fe specs?

AboutAfrica

Country Flag
namibia
So apparently there are different variants of this motor, but nobody can really confirm it so it seems. Interweb also doesnt give any concrete answers I can find.

differences come in injection, direct ignition ,higher compression ratios.

Apart from what is in the picture I also find specs of 165kw?

Anybody have info?

IMG_0616.jpg

So apparently there are different variants of this motor, but nobody can really confirm it so it seems. Interweb also doesnt give any concrete answers I can find.

Anybody have info?

View attachment 161720
Good old Wikipedia says.

The engine displaced 4.5 L (4,477 cc) with a bore and stroke measuring 100 mm × 95 mm (3.94 in × 3.74 in), respectively and a 9.0:1 compression ratio; the head used Toyota's narrow-angle overhead camshafts for better fuel economy.[1] The 1FZ had only two variants available: the 1FZ-F and the 1FZ-FE. The only significant difference between the two was the inclusion of electronic fuel injection on the 1FZ-FE, whereas the 1FZ-F used a carburetor.[2]

The 1FZ-F produced 188 hp (140 kW) at 4400 rpm and 268 lb⋅ft (363 N⋅m) at 2800 rpm; its fuel injected counterpart produced 212 hp (158 kW) at 4600 rpm and 275 lb⋅ft (373 N⋅m) at 3200 rpm.

Starting in 1998, the fuel injected version of the 1FZ-FE was also manufactured with a direct ignition variation available in certain non-US markets (the engine pictured here is that variant discernible by the intake manifold and lack of distributor). This version of the engine received many updates over the previous version such as a redesigned head, more compact pistons, updated throttle body, an improved intake manifold with longer intake runners, 4 nozzle fuel injectors to improve fuel atomization and direct ignition. This version of the 1FZ-FE produced 240 hp (179 kW) at 4600 rpm and 300 lb⋅ft (407 N⋅m) at 3600 rpm on 91 Octane Fuel (RON) without a catalytic converter.[citation needed]

Also, a de-rated LPG version was built for the 7FG/7FZ series forklifts. Called 1FZ-E it produced 63 kW (84 hp) at 2350 rpm and 294 N⋅m (217 lbf⋅ft) at 1200 rpm [3]

Usage
The 1FZ-F and -FE were used in the following vehicles:

Thanks for the reply. Same info I found, and on a few other forums etc as well. Even when checking up with my vin I also got the 170+kw answer, but dont seem to find the info on any "official" toyota website. Does seem believable though as there seem to be a few visual differences compared to the other 4.5efi's I have checked out, and driving a friend of mine's 79 series 4.5efi and then driving my 105 I can clearly feel a difference, even with the 35's on.

Thanks for the reply. Same info I found, and on a few other forums etc as well. Even when checking up with my vin I also got the 170+kw answer, but dont seem to find the info on any "official" toyota website. Does seem believable though as there seem to be a few visual differences compared to the other 4.5efi's I have checked out, and driving a friend of mine's 79 series 4.5efi and then driving my 105 I can clearly feel a difference, even with the 35's on.
Ah, what do Toyota know, they only make em. :laughing-rolling::text-merryxmas::text-happynewyear:

Anybody have info?

View attachment 161720

Hiya,

I have this beautiful baby in a 105, love it. Bought new, have the brochure somewhere but the spec was definitely 179kW/240 horse.
Post 1998 / post 80 series the straight six FZ-FE is 179kW, the 165kW you mention is nett. Even with my wheels I have never had a problem with power, though it is possible to add a turbo....
The power comes with compromise, fuel economy is lets say embarrassing if you have a fully kitted overland rig weighing in at 4+ tonnes. Thankfully you can put a massive long range tank where the underbody spare goes and move the spare up to a rear carrier.
Terribly reliable, very simple, a well maintained FZ should do north of 500k before even having to mic the bores.

So how much is a litre of petrol in Na ?

Rock

Great, that is the type of info I was looking for, if its in the brochure...
Because main thing is here everybody only knows the "standard" 4.5, have so far only seen one other 105 with the same motor mine has in, but not complaining.

Loaded for a overland trip I get about 5.5km/l, which I think is not bad considering tyre size and kit.

Cost per litre in euro is about 0.83.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
5.5km/l is about same as mine without a full load or trailer, I get 4.8 with a full load and that drops to 4 pulling. Drops again using the pwr button. And in low range, full load, working hard I reckon 25 litres per hour. If you are running 35s I wonder if you are getting better economy on the flat, I changed out the stock 31s for my 33s before I ever even checked the fuel economy.

Fuel here today €1.48/litre, as you can imagine this vehicle is reserved for special occasions and foreign overlanding. Expect to be in Namibia/Angola/Botswana summer (mine, not yours) 2021 - 83c is guilt free :)

Rock

Back