Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HD-FTE EGR removal

EGR gine light on

No problems here.

Hi,

i block of the EGR for my land cruiser 100, year 2005 model. but sometime engine check light come up, and it become like Lime mode, the engine lost power, and have to stop, off the engine, pull out the key, then start again and can go as normal.

My stepson had the same prob in his Punto . It turned out to be a short in his headlight wiring was confusing the onboard computer

Nobody knows what the effect of such a mod will have on the long term life of the engine.

Frannk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nobody knows what the effect of such a mod will have on the long term life of the engine.
Frannk
According to a thread on Lcool, the engine is better off without the EGR. Makes sense - can't be good to port soot and exhaust gases through the intake ports. Oxygen level goes down as well - must be better with more fresh air.

Last edited:
I've yet to come across an engine that hasn't benefited from disabling/removing the egr. I can't see how removal can do any harm, it's only there in the first place to gain the approval of eu busy bodies.

Sorry to hijack but this thread has prompted me to start reading about the EGR on my 1KZ-TE . All i can find are threads from Surf owners but most seem to agree that it is simply a case of removing a pipe , placing a ball bearing inside and replacing the pipe , leaving all sensors etc untouched to prevent engine warning lights . Is it the same for 1KZ-TE 90 series Lancruiser and if so will somebody please show me a pic of the correct pipe .

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack but this thread has prompted me to start reading about the EGR on my 1KZ-TE . All i can find are threads from Surf owners but most seem to agree that it is simply a case of removing a pipe , placing a ball bearing inside and replacing the pipe , leaving all sensors etc untouched to prevent engine warning lights . Is it the same for 1KZ-TE 90 series Lancruiser and if so will somebody please show me a pic of the correct pipe .

Thats how it is on lil blue. Its the pipe coming out of the top of the "disc" on the top of the egr

My thoughts are that a little knowledge is dangerous, especially on the computer controlled fuel pump 100's. The fuel control system is designed as a whole and nobody on this forum is qualified to say what will happen if part is tampered with.

Frank

A good few thousand miles on and I have had no problems with mine.

I've removed/blanked the egr on a variety of cars of I've owned, have done in excess of 120,000 miles combined and never had an issue. Also would reputable companies that sell blanking kits if long term issues were questionable.

Like I said before the only reason it's there is to please EU fuddy duddies. How can making the engine run with clean air (as pre egr diesels always have) do any harm? Have you seen how coked up and sticky the carbon pumped back in is?

Obviously it's your choice if you want to disable it or not but there's no real doubt about long term reliability through doing it.

I wonder if anyone has done a high mileage in a 100 with the egr disconnected? I'm not so concerned about the earlier egr engines, just the electronically controlled ones. This is not a pre egr engine so comparing it with an earlier design one running on clean air is not really relevant.

Frank

I've removed/blanked the egr on a variety of cars of I've owned, have done in excess of 120,000 miles combined and never had an issue. Also would reputable companies that sell blanking kits if long term issues were questionable.

Like I said before the only reason it's there is to please EU fuddy duddies. How can making the engine run with clean air (as pre egr diesels always have) do any harm? Have you seen how coked up and sticky the carbon pumped back in is?

Obviously it's your choice if you want to disable it or not but there's no real doubt about long term reliability through doing it.

Im with Mr delmonti they are put on to bring emissions down to satisfy the lovely EU. I have never had any problems only gains by blanking them. i haven't done it to my 95 series, purely because its so tight to get at. I know with some newer cars with the electronic EGR's you can program them out so it doesnt throw up any faults im not sure if you can do this on the newer 100 series though.

A good few thousand miles on and I have had no problems with mine.

Nice thread and great work - thanx for all.
But there are a lot of questions after reading.
May be we can do it DIY thread all together? With editing of the first post?

I can`t understand steps of you worl clear:
1) changing EGR connector to 17861-17030
2) inserting blanking plates made by CAT for tractors
2p-2772 and 4w-9890

Something else? Sorry for bad english . So i ought to request tu use simple words - for those of us, who doesn`t no a lot of technical words |slang.

Happy to help but my 100 is gone so it would require me to use diagrams.

Do you want to disable your egr or completely remove all trace of it?

Which type of cooling system do you have as the newer models have a water cooled egr system and the old just rely on air.

I want completely to remove, because i think there is a lot of mud cause of high mileage .
I can post VIN here - JTEHC05J004036593
Will it help for understanding?

Last edited:
According to toyoDIY:

Europe,General
Year 03/2006
Make TOYOTA
Model LAND CRUISER
Frame HDJ100

Vehicle characteristics
GRADE: VX: VX TYPE
DESTINATION: EUR: EUROPE
DRIVER'S POSITION: LHD: LEFT-HAND DRIVE
ENGINE: 1HDFTE: 4200CC DIESEL TURBO
TRANSMISSION: ATM: AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
GEAR SHIFT TYPE: 5FC: ATM, 5-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT
COLOR CODE: 202
TRIM CODE: LE00

Search Results VIN* Model code From To Frame Characteristics
JTEHC05J.. HDJ100L-GNAEZW 05/2005 - 07/2007 HDJ100 VX EUR LHD 1HDFTE ATM 5FC

I completely removed mine and replaced with the brunnati egr blank kit, a lovely piece of bling under the bonnet. Whilst you in there you might as well remove the WAI element as this creates an obstruction in the manifold. I took mine both off about 6 months and definitely noticed a difference in mpg and power, I also removed the centre silencer and cat from the exhaust, that made a great difference. Still fairly quiet as well :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back