Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2 stage polish

Beefbeefbeef

Country Flag
uk
Been threatening to give my LC120 a make-over for a while. She is 10 years old with 100k on the clock and is a well used (and well maintained!) family work horse. However, age has been taking its toll on the paint work.

Finally summoned up the courage to take it for a 2 stage polish and wax with "Auto-detox", a one-man band in Cannock, West Midlands. Left it with him for 3 days then picked it up last night.

Bowled over by the results and much cheaper than a re-spray! This picture doesn't really do it justice - I should take some more - but thought I would spread the word:

IMG-20140619-00250.jpg

Looks sharp - could do with a before pic for comparisons sake :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No joking though, BBB, your truck looks beautiful and it's surprising how good some otherwise shabby paint can come up. I had no choice but to re-spray mine, most of the paint was missing altogether, but if you have a good base, a proper polish can work wonders.

It must feel like a new car! :icon-biggrin::thumbup:

I reckon it looks like a 4 year old car now. My problem is that I ask the car to do a lot of different jobs ranging from mucky off road duty through to turning up at work meetings trying to look smart plus family road trips / holidays etc. It's a big ask.

Cost was £560 for 3 day's work and there should be lasting results as he went beyond just cleaning and waxing, he has actually "cut" the paintwork. Compared to the cost of a respray, it is a good option for an older car.

PS he also polished out the "misting" I had on my headlights. I thought that was on the inside hence difficult to sort but it turns out to be on the outside and is UV damage to the plastic.

I've read that most of that misting can be polished out, but my old truck has glass so it's never concerned me too much. I do have a "bullet hole" though, on the passenger headlamp glass, and that will never buff out :eusa-naughty:. I sealed it with some clear silicone just to keep the rain out :lol:

Back