Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2L-TE A/T PROBLEM

osman pekacar

Country Flag
turkey
Hello everyone
I have 89 lj70 and i swapped my engine from 2L to 2L-TE with 4speed automatic transmission (30-43le) and A/T didnt work properly. On D mode it want to start work from third speed and while increasing speed it automatically jumped up to 4. Speed it s ok. My ecu master said that your ecu is failed. We bought a new one. And my friend who is electronic master said that u have missing ecu on ur track. He followed the cables from transmission to into the track cable reached to empty plug in my eletrical system. Who is right ecu master or my electronic master friend? i really need ur help thank u
I will show u empty plug pic and A/T ecu (which failed)

20160526_223151.jpg Screenshot_2016-05-29-15-39-46.png 20160526_223151.jpg

It appears to me that the auto ecu is missing. I recognise the plug. Hope this helps!

There are 3 engine ecu - which one did you use:

89661-60101
89661-60140
89661-60141

Did the engine and gearbox come from the same car?

if so, was it already faulty?

there should be a wire from the main loom to the gearbox - I think it has 3 connectors on the gearbox which all join together and have one connector at the loom end.

The white connector in your photo looks like the loom connector - if so, you may be missing the wire from there to the gearbox I described above?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The white connector in your hand - can you find a part number on it?

There are 3 engine ecu - which one did you use:

89661-60101
89661-60140
89661-60141

Did the engine and gearbox come from the same car?

if so, was it already faulty?

there should be a wire from the main loom to the gearbox - I think it has 3 connectors on the gearbox which all join together and have one connector at the loom end.

The white connector in your photo looks like the loom connector - if so, you may be missing the wire from there to the gearbox I described above?
Yes they cane from the same car . The new ecu came to me today we try that tomorrow

This is new one but for this white connector. There is no number on connector. I really dont know i hope it will work tomorrow

IMG-20160613-WA0002.jpg

Is there a winter button by the gear lever?

It should have overdrive on the gear lever, plus a little red button so you can move the gear lever with the engine off.........is there also a button that says winter, or has a snowflake on it? I sold my LJ a few years ago and now can't remember.

The part you have is the only part listed for Overdrive & Electronic Controlled Transmission, so should be the same part as the one you already have on there.

Is there a winter button by the gear lever?

It should have overdrive on the gear lever, plus a little red button so you can move the gear lever with the engine off.........is there also a button that says winter, or has a snowflake on it? I sold my LJ a few years ago and now can't remember.

The part you have is the only part listed for Overdrive & Electronic Controlled Transmission, so should be the same part as the one you already have on there.
Yes my transmission control lever have overdrive button and small red button and u think that i have its true ecu

We try to operate with new ecu but it didnt work. :( i think i must sell it, feel so bad

Is there a cable from the passenger side of the gearbox (if its left hand drive) going to the main loom? It looks like it has 3 connectors at the gearbox end and one connector at the loom end.

Also - the 2lte engine has an engine management ecu as well (I listed the 3 models in the previous answer), is this fitted ? Your original 2lt engine would not have had this.

Back