Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

360 degree film clip

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
This just landed in my inbox and I think it's quite amazing. Not seen one before but I think there's going to be more and more like this.

Best viewed on a tablet or smartphone. Just point it where you want to look. Otherwise use the W, A, S and D keys on a desktop keyboard.

Enjoy!

This just landed in my inbox and I think it's quite amazing. Not seen one before but I think there's going to be more and more like this.

Best viewed on a tablet or smartphone. Just point it where you want to look. Otherwise use the W, A, S and D keys on a desktop keyboard.

Enjoy!

Enjoyed the clip on my iPad, but I don't understand the "Just point it where you want to look" comment, nothing I did changed anything viewed on the clip.

I'll try my laptop when I get back from lunch...

Didn't work for me on my phone either but fine on my laptop - thanks, I enjoyed that.

I think you need to watch it directly in the youtube app on a tablet or phone to get the 360 working properly.

Sadly, the after lunch laptop attempt was foiled by yet another too busy afternoon, but Mark was spot on (thanks Mark) and this evening it all worked very nicely on the iPad, thank you Rich!

Really weird, I want one of these cameras for the truck :lol:

OK, own up, did anyone watch the 2015 St. Mary's Trophy (historic saloon car race) part 1 of 2 aggregate races (it was the next vid to self-load after the 360 video)?

If not, make time to watch it, it's such a superb piece of racing, such a wide variety of cars, wonderful stuff. I had 50 minutes of bliss, watching both.

Part 1 - Incredible.
Part 2 - Almost as but not quite

Last edited:
I am spoilt Clive. This event is only about 20 minutes away from me. We have been there when three Mercedes have come out of a museum to race there. And they're each unique. Everyone who races is going for it. The early Bugattis my pal and I worked out were averaging 100mph round the track in open sit up and beg cockpits.
It is…a quite truly magical weekend.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Another interesting tech thing, if you up load a panoramic photo to facebook it works in a similar way to the video allowing you to pan around the view

Sadly, the after lunch laptop attempt was foiled by yet another too busy afternoon, but Mark was spot on (thanks Mark) and this evening it all worked very nicely on the iPad, thank you Rich!

Really weird, I want one of these cameras for the truck :lol:

OK, own up, did anyone watch the 2015 St. Mary's Trophy (historic saloon car race) part 1 of 2 aggregate races (it was the next vid to self-load after the 360 video)?

If not, make time to watch it, it's such a superb piece of racing, such a wide variety of cars, wonderful stuff. I had 50 minutes of bliss, watching both.

Part 1 - Incredible.
Part 2 - Almost as but not quite
I watched it Clive, I never expected that Yank tank to come in first, a car that size must have been a bit of a handful round some of those corners. It right took me back to the Club racing at Brands (spectating, not driving) I remember another Yank there, a Chaperall, which was an auto but had three pedals, the what would have been a brake pedal operated an aerofoil on the boot, Oh happy days.

I watched it Clive, I never expected that Yank tank to come in first, a car that size must have been a bit of a handful round some of those corners. It right took me back to the Club racing at Brands (spectating, not driving) I remember another Yank there, a Chaperall, which was an auto but had three pedals, the what would have been a brake pedal operated an aerofoil on the boot, Oh happy days.

It took me back to happy weekends at Mallory Park, my favorite circuit in the 70s.
The Ford Fairline Thunderbolt I think they called it, 7 liters of guzzle, yodas of power, but it cornered like it had no diff.
I was intrigued by the two Mk I Lotus Cortinas battling it out, up front. I've had 3 Mk Is in my time and know exactly how they drive. Ok, these being Lotus will likely have "A" frame rear axle mounts, but to see how they were all-4 drifting on those curves, brilliant!
In the second race, the Fairline driver had only driven it for one lap in practice, the race was his learning curve. And the minis, whatever goes wrong in a mini, keep your throttle pedal to the floor, steer straight and hold on, it will recover.
Wonderful!

Tickets sell out fast though… I'm in the mood for doing the whole weekend this year…

Back