Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

60 series leaf springs

walesdale

Supporter
Country Flag
wales
hello peeps,anyone know for a set of standard leaf springs for my 60 series,
the milner ones I fitted have done my head in.....................
thanks dale

Whats your timescale in wanting them? I've a set of good standard springs on a 60 I am slowly breaking but it might be a month or so before thay come off. As its on axles its a rolling shell once the springs come off it will be scrap I'm afraid.
I'll help if I can.

Andy

Hi there

i can get you springs, do you want new or used?

Giles

thanks for reply men,no time scale andy as I,m using my 80 series
giles,I,m looking for standard springs as I,m only using it as a road truck with a small bit of off roading,so if your springs would make it a nice drive,I,d be intrested in prices on new and secondhand
fair play to milners , they outa be arrested for selling they re springs
thanks again men

Hi there

mate sorry for the delay, basically £300 for an ok secondhand average £500 for a good secondhand set

New would be around £1350 for a complete set with springs, shocks, bushes, shackles, nuts & bolts.If I can order now it could go into next week's container

Giles

springs

hello peeps,anyone know for a set of standard leaf springs for my 60 series,
the milner ones I fitted have done my head in.....................
thanks dale
hi i made the same mistake with milners springs my wife has to put on a sports bra to keep things under control the hole truck pitches foreword on every bump even after 150000 miles it has not softened up my last hj60 i put some coils between the springs and the chassis that was good i i bent some 10mm plate to fit the chassis then welded some bar the same id as the springs did the same to fit the leaf springs this got the ride hight back up when the she got the tool box in you can just see the spring in the picture
DSC04187.JPG
the toyota springs have tapered rounded ends with Teflon buttons the milner ones are just loped off long strip and bent
it is possible to get them re tempered is is done to vintage cars all the time and i think some lorrys to
it is a good thing to clean them up and paint them with por 15 be careful when taking the bolt out that holds them to gether i use a big
g clamp if not they will take your teeth out
taz
torque of the devil

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
my milner springs survived one trip to the Gambia and back, 8000 miles, then it had a saggy arse

OME now but don't know how long they will last for as only just fitted.

my milner springs survived one trip to the Gambia and back, 8000 miles, then it had a saggy arse

OME now but don't know how long they will last for as only just fitted.
Moggy,
How have the OME springs held up. after reading these posts ref Milner rear springs, I may pass on them and look for something better

Have anyone tried the Pedders Suspension products advertised on this site?

Best results I have found is to refurbish some original ones, otherwise OME which are a copy of the originals.

My milners ones lasted one Africa trip.
I'm impressed with the OME HD ones and the extra bit of lift is handy, not cheap though, bejeezus!!!
Some of the Hilux boys have used pedders and they seem OK but I went for OME because of reputation

My milners ones lasted one Africa trip.
I'm impressed with the OME HD ones and the extra bit of lift is handy, not cheap though, bejeezus!!!
Some of the Hilux boys have used pedders and they seem OK but I went for OME because of reputation
Im thinking the same. Did the 50mm lift require any other mods to anything?

Im thinking the same. Did the 50mm lift require any other mods to anything?
more or less all good except removing the rear anti roll bar could have had a bracket made up but took it off instead. The front one does catch a bit and could probably do with modding, I think some of the brake lines needed extending

flex max 2.jpg
flex max.jpg

Not bad for a leafer!!

Back