Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

70 series conversion

Gab250

Hey, I like the 70 series landcrusiers, but I am wondering if it's possible to take the front sheet metal off one of the "new" 70 series crusiers, and fit it onto one of the older ones? Utes in particular. Any advice would be appreciated.

Gab

Hi Gab,

Yes it is possible. :icon-wink:

I've not seen one myself but I have heard of people doing it. :icon-cool:

the frame is wider on the newer body style so mods will be needed to get the mounts to fit ... i am assuming.
big question is why?

Im planning this conversion myself, hopefully I can post up exactly whats needed, luckily I have a couple of 79 series that are handy to take measurements from.

It is a simple conversion if you know what your doing... I rolled my 79 series 2001 model a couple of years ago and been rebuilding it from the ground up since and like you I was thinking of the new model front end. The only thing is to replace the left and right upper and lower guard to the new model ones you also need to replace the radiator support panel, bonnet , headlights, wiper grill and inner guards. On top of that the mounting points for the air box, battery cradle, fuel filter and stuff is all different... I was going to do this conversion till I started getting prices on the new parts $$$$!! Not worth the money and the the pre 2007 models look so much tougher anyway

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey guys, does anyone know of any one who has completed this conversion? My chassis is rather different to anybody elses, and when changing all the body mounts over to suit the Landcruiser body, I jigged it off the original chassis, and widened the front mounts, but I'm not sure what the story is, when I bolted up the front panels, it seems the body mounts are approx 20mm too low and need a spacer, but this would put the bumper down too low as well. So I'm not sure were I went wrong with it.

Back