Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series 16x8 OEM Alloys - Offset please?

I believe the OEM 80 alloys (16X8JJ) are a zero offset.

I have a set of 80 alloys on my Collie in place of the standard 90 alloys (16X7JJ) which are ET 15 offset.

Excuse me for jumping in, but would 16" x 9" with zero offset fit a '94 80 without any problems fouling anywhere. I was thinking of using Cooper STT tyres 285x75x16 :pray:

Probably be ok Chas but I've not tried that particular combination. How sure are you that they're 0 offset and not a bit negative?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Probably be ok Chas but I've not tried that particular combination. How sure are you that they're 0 offset and not a bit negative?

The rims measure 9" from side to side and from the face that buts onto the hub is 4.5" from the rim edge so I was assuming zero offset, is that right?

Gary, as you have a 120 series, what are you thinking about for the 16 inch 80 series wheeles?

You do know the front calipers on the 120 series, will prevent them from going on?

Or will they go on, with your 30mm spacers?

Gra.

The rims measure 9" from side to side and from the face that buts onto the hub is 4.5" from the rim edge so I was assuming zero offset, is that right?
Yes, that's how it's done and that is 0 offset. Have you checked the recommended rim widths for the tyres you want to fit?

Gra

Toying with the idea of a set of 16's and a little judicious grinding of calipers to fit a set of 285/75x16 play tyres to. Just very early investigations so far :lol:

I know it's been done. I know it's not recommended, so investigation only so far :lol:

Hi Gary,
I would suggest you borrow an 80 series 16 inch wheel, and just try it.
In my past experience, I needed to grind the seem butt off the front calipers, just to get an aftermarket 17 inch to go on.
If some one wants to measure the inside diameter of a 16 inch rim, and you measure your spare, then just look how little clearance between the front caliper and teh inner surface of your 120 rim, you will see what I mean.

I honestly thing you have 2 chances to get a 80 series alloy, onto your 120.

1/ No chance
2/ No chance at all.

The shape of the inner part of the 120 rim, is a very flat profile.

These are the rims I put on, and still had to grind about 1mm off the seem, and they were 17 inch.

Attachments

• Muds (13).jpg
    Muds (13).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 398
Don't worry Graham. He is. That's the purpose of the post really. Luckily he knows someone with a pile of 80 rims :eusa-whistle:

Chris

Found some old photos.

Gra.

Attachments

• Muds (11).jpg
    Muds (11).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 266
  • Muds (12).jpg
    Muds (12).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 231
Back