Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series front bumper

even tho the original was a kinda template it wasn't much quicker as still had to keep making sure would bolt up and angles were right etc etc.

The trick is to built a frame that the original part fits to , then you can tack weld bits of the thing your making to the frame so each part is held in place while you fiddle fix swap and change . The original bolt holes position then always remain fixed .

It was after I'd made it I was asked for another! Didn't plan on making anymore but it was a good mate with money in his hand lol. I generally over engineer stuff so only need to make it once lol.

Chris I like the winch bumper, had a read of the build of it, top job and looks well put together.

Cheers Gary. It's a bit bashed now and I am ready for starting again on a new one. I just need a few weekends of clear weather and nothing else on, to get it started, cut, welded and finished. Or of course I make one in my lunch hour :icon-rolleyes:

Chris

Sorry Lorin i have a 90 and no plans for a steel bumper because i fail to see the need for one unless you live in Australia and are likely to hit a suicidal kangeroo at high speed .

to stop damage when offroading, my heavy duty bumpers front and rear have saved my body work from damage many times and gives me winch mount options + recovery points that far exceed the strength of standard items :thumbup:

Chris I like the winch bumper, had a read of the build of it, top job and looks well put together.

Oh I can vouch for that. Let's just say the bumper on Lil'Blue that Chris made got some use :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Gary. It's a bit bashed now and I am ready for starting again on a new one. I just need a few weekends of clear weather and nothing else on, to get it started, cut, welded and finished. Or of course I make one in my lunch hour :icon-rolleyes:

Chris

I'm planning a discreet winch mount but after reading the build thread it gave me some ideas lol, I just won't tell the wife as she knows it means hours in the garage!

If you know someone with a grinder and a welder i bet you could make this fit Lorin http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubish...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec356c583

I seriously doubt it. I admit to having bugger all experience but from what I've gathered through the various build threads on here by some some pretty handy welders/fabricators I reckon modding it to fit an 80 might take as long as making a new one from scratch. Surely every angle and measurement would be wrong...?

Back