Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series wiper linkage

paulm

does anyone have a wiper linkage for a 80 series?
mine's split where one of the wipers attaches.

many thanks

karl hasnt got one of these spare.

anyone keeping one sat aside for a rainy day?!

there was one on a cruiser being broken on the bay.. there is no more :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can you be a bit more specific in terms of the exact part. I do have spare bits that I am saving for a rainy day, but I have the originals of GW and then some of the bits after the fire that I had replaced when I had some issues. I don't have a complete perfect set sitting here on the shelf. But I might be able to help.

Chris

The passenger side wiper has collapsed inwards - I haven't taken the scuttle plate off under the windscreen for a look yet & the MOT man has bodged it up with cable ties for now so it is actually cleaning again but it needs a proper fix...

I don't know whats under there - Paul, when you fit your new one, a few pics please :ugeek:

There are two little alloy turrets and a couple of thin pressed bars with plastic poppers on the ends that clip onto the knuckles on the end of the wiper spindles.

The turrets generally wear out through lack of lube and general care. The linkages generally last. But it's normally the turrets on the driver's side that go. There is a thin plastic sleeve in the turret that is supposed to act as a bush. Not very good.

Chris

I think its the turrets that I am after in that case - whatyahgot in the garage then Chris???

Gav Peter said:
The passenger side wiper has collapsed inwards - I haven't taken the scuttle plate off under the windscreen for a look yet & the MOT man has bodged it up with cable ties for now so it is actually cleaning again but it needs a proper fix...

I don't know whats under there - Paul, when you fit your new one, a few pics please :ugeek:

exactly the same problem.

i'll get some pics for you if you require :)

That would be great Paul - plus the usual how to writeup :p :p

Replaced mine with a whole new assembly. Easy job but bolts holding in spindle mount can snap off when loosening, not an issue if replacing as threads are in the mounting itself but will need new 6mm bolts.

well my elation was short lived. turns out they sent me the wiper motor rather than the linkage. so i'm still in the same position.

if anyone has a linkage spare, with the spindles, then please let me know :D

Back