Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

95 Series Passenger Seat Belt Assembly

Mick W

Country Flag
great_britain
Don’t suppose anyone has a new passenger seatbelt assembly laying around? I’ve managed to get hold of a new drivers assembly. Can only seem to find them on Amayama site and only in beige not grey. Cheers

What's up with the original one ?
If it's the webbing it/they can be cheaply and easily replaced .... and in any colour you wish .
My crazy Collie chewed 7 out of the 8 belts in a previous car ....not just chew... it looked like he had cut them with a knife... and he did a repeat job on the 2nd row ones...
I sent them all to a guy who replaced all the webbing in a perfect colour match for less than £150 from memory

The webbing has gone and also the spring mechanism is weak so doesn’t recoil anymore. Thinking it’s just due to age and usage. Amayama have them new at $200 but wrong colour. I do have a replacement drivers side one at least.

Webbing aside what you think is the mechanism can sometimes be dirt built up over the years on the belt.On several older cars I've cleaned the belts thoroughly had them retracting almost like new. Any frayed fibres could possibly jam up the mechanism ?

Fully agree with cleaning. Pull out the belt as far as possible and use a clothes peg to prevent it retracting. Soak the belt in a bucket of warm soapy water ( I used liquid hand soap) and let it soak for 20-30 mins., Also massage the belt to force the dirt out. I was surprised how dirty they were and it definitely improved the retraction. Costs nothing to try anyway.

Good solution, Beastrider. If they're particularly grubby, because the fine weave tends to trap the dirt, as above, with a nail brush. Sling a dust sheet or similar over stuff, as the brush tends to flick, if you're a bit vigorous.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Guess I'll be busy on the hands and knees cleaning this weekend, cheers all! Hope it doesn't give the missus any ideas :chores-laundry:

Just a follow up to say thanks for the advice all. Amazed at the dirt that came out of the belt fabric (water was dark, very dark!). Dried out great and with a clean up of the assembly from years of dust is now back in and working. Have a good one now we can get back to normal after the footie ⚽️ Roll on Lions Rugby, proper game IMO

get back to normal after the footie ⚽️ Roll on Lions Rugby

We just beat Pakistan in the cricket one dayers too. Pakistan are a great side. For those who don't know, our entire team (and management) was made to isolate for some Covid reason, so it was actually the England B-team, drawn up at the very last moment, that won a comprehensive 3-0 series victory.

Back