Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

a '97 80 series with 34k ...

Think i would be tempted if it drank diesel and had a proper gearbox , they don't make good cars anymore and that (if its genuine) would outlast any 3 modern vehicles bought new at twice the price .

If hasn't been used to launch boats that could be a very nice motor.
Has the right engine :whistle:

And gear box ...

What are you guys on? Or are you all having a funny turn here?

C'mon, yes it is a VERY low mileage 80 and yes, it's from the last year of so of production. And yes, it does look like it's in very good condition.

But (and it's one of Kardashian proportions), it is a petrol 80 for £15k, (FIFTEEN THOUSAND POUNDS!!!)

At 1/2 that price I would have perhaps taken a look but at that price?

Seriously......do you consider that VFM? :icon-surprised:

VFM comes down to the individual who's buying the vehicle and how bad he wants it. For me personally, if it was a diesel, the underside and running gear is as clean as the body and interior and the milage is genuine and documented then it's still overpriced. It is also a dealer sale don't forget but it's a fact that petrols generally fetch less than the equivalent diesel engined variants, even with gas conversions. JMO

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Who said anything about the price? I said right gear box. Gary said right engine. Shayne just needs to drive an auto and GOK posted the ad.

Our opinion on the spec and condition has nothing to do with what the seller thinks it's worth

Can't say I'd pay 15k for it, mine was considerably cheaper with 73k miles and it's newer :lol: spent a few quid on it but would still have lots of change.

I think shayne needs to drive mine when the headers have been done and the issues have been ironed out with the mapping :icon-twisted:

Our opinion on the spec and condition has nothing to do with what the seller thinks it's worth

Agreed but you can't really post an add like that without expecting comments on the price either way.

Agreed TP, but WE didn't say it was VFM. Anywhere.

I wouldn't pay £10k for it or even £5k. In fact I wouldn't buy it at all. But still a very nice example. Just a bit surprised at the reaction that we'd somehow taken leave of our senses by saying it looked pretty tidy.

To me the highlight really was such low milage. The cost was a by the way thing.

Chill guys, my comments were tongue-in-cheek. :whistle:

Shayne went for a spin with Starcruiser in his auto diesel and yeah its a good auto box , the truck felt no bigger than mine and i did like the engine .

I would like a blast in yours Gary .

What i'm saying is if it were a black manual diesel at that kind of age with that kind of mileage i might be tempted because it would tick more boxes for me personally than anything else i could buy for the same money .

Actually, it's the same price as he says VAT will be added.

MOT history says that ones been rusty for years. Sounds like a £15k rust bucket with not very long left ahead of it.

Back