Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A good days trialling..............

898kor

A good days trialling, usual Landie Bashing affair...... on the way home I thought she was driving different, especially as driving to the event she was spot on after I had followed Franks steering box adjustment guide (a must do for anybody with a bit of play - it makes a tremendous difference!)

Got home, a quick look-see underneath and the smoking gun was found:

20140216_184434.jpg

So, the question to my learned members on here............. following the repair, do I go poly-bush or Genuine for replacement (I'm personally thinking Toyota Genuine)?

I've poly bushed everything (Supapro) and wish I hadn't. It cost a fortune and has conferred no appreciable benefit. Subsequent research suggests the consensus is stick with genuine as they are long-lived and more compliant.

I've poly bushed everything (Supapro) and wish I hadn't. It cost a bl00dy fortune and has conferred no appreciable benefit. Subsequent research suggests the consensus is stick with genuine as they are long-lived and more compliant.

+1 + edit :thumbup:

I've polybushed my anti roll bar links, but thinking OEM rubber bushes for anything with reasonable rotation (control arms, ARB D-bushes)

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've polybushed my anti roll bars, but for the main suspension arms I'll be sticking with OEM if I can.

Did you go with the Milner's ARB bushes? I have some new shocks to fit and intend to replace these bushes while I'm under there.

Don't know about the fronts, Julian V fitted them at the last service as the originals were shot. The rears I rebuilt with SuperPros recently, keeping the original hardware as the links have been extended.

Thinking about it I might need to re-extend the fronts, as complete new units were fitted.

Back