Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A true craftsman

Very cool. :clap:

I was kinda hoping it would be a real combustion engine though.

If you have a look at his other videos, he has a few other engines. :thumbup:

Crispin said:
Very cool. :clap: I was kinda hoping it would be a real combustion engine though. If you have a look at his other videos, he has a few other engines. :thumbup:
Yes, if it had actually fired up that would have been something else.

The guy's a bodger, never saw him torque anything down. :lol: :lol: :D

andyw said:
The guy's a bodger, never saw him torque anything down. :lol: :lol: :D
ha! I was going to say that ;) Also, he did not tighten opposingly (is that a word?)

Still better than I could do...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So what does this thing run on :? no spark plugs :think: ... is he just feeding compressed air through it?

I'm guessing. Could it be a diesel type of engine? Ignition by compression? Does not seem to create any smoke so did not think so. One thing I was wondering though are the two "pumps" on either side of the crank. The were driven of a lobe(s) on the crank. In his other videos the straight 6 only has one of the pumps and not two (one per bank)

Edit:
translation from one of his other vids:
José Manuel Hermida BARREIRO "Patel" surprises us again MOTOR.SE WITH A NEW MOTOR IS A TOTALLY NAVAL CRAFT 5 cylinder in-line ONLY 10cm3 engine that runs on compressed air AND THAT IS ABLE TO MOVE WITH ONLY 1 TENTH PRESSURE (0.1 kg/cm2). It is so small that fits into a MANO.TIENE the nickname "BENJAMIN" IN HONOR A, GEORGE, THE YOUNGER NIETO

Back