Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

About to be a new LC4 owner in Guildford

JonP

Hi everyone, about to get a new LC4 in a couple of weeks time and really looking forward to it. Selling my Freelander 2 because I need something with more room in it.

Popped over here after introducing myself on ano board and immediately getting flamed by some p*(&k who criticised me for not buying a second hand 120, presumably similar to the one he is trying to sell.

That said, there was one decent guy there who replied when I asked about sensible accessories to get with the LC4. I am currently looking at a towbar and side protection strips though I am not too sure about the chrome bling.

I plan to keep it long enough that in a few years time I won't feel stupid risking it by taking it properly off road, in the meantime it should do nicely on the road and some muddy/bumpy tracks I use.

Cheers

Jon

Welcome, another one for the southern brigade.

Welcome, Jon!
As Paul said, nice to see the Southern ranks swelling :mrgreen:

I presume your LC4 is a 150 - we don't have too many of those yet in the club so we'll be watching your progress with interest!

Cheers,

Welcome Jon, Let us know what you think of your yota once you have it and what bits you intend to put on it.
Enjoy, and have fun with the off road outings :thumbup:

Keith.

Hi Jon,

Good call on a 150. Good to have another convert from landies.

Welcome Jon

Add to your list:

Decent AT tyres (see if the dealer will do a swap for you)
Underbody protection. The OEM stuff is a bit flimsy, and I see Mr T sells a beefed-up version as an 'accessory', cheeky sods.

Have fun with the 150 though!

Gary

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks gary,

Interesting thought about the underbody protection, I will check into that.

Jon

Nice to see a new owner down here Jon

You will have to join us on Salisbury Plain sometime.
We do an easy route for newbies and posh motors :thumbup:
Don't let Trev tell you owt different, he hits little furry animals, so he claims :liar:

Hey Jon

Welcome on board - I see you've met 'our Graham' on the darkside already :lol:

Cheers dude

Phew, i didn't want to be the first to have spotted that one

He must'nt have had his morning gin gimlet by then!!! :lol:

Ecky Thump said:
Nice to see a new owner down here Jon

You will have to join us on Salisbury Plain sometime.
We do an easy route for newbies and posh motors :thumbup:
Don't let Trev tell you owt different, he hits little furry animals, so he claims :liar:

I would definitely be interested in a route that doesn't risk pranging my nice shiny new toy when it arrives.

Speaking of which, just heard from the garage that toyota are going to deliver it to them a week earlier than expected, only 10 days to go..... :clap: :dance:

Jon

Right then, i'll start organising a shinies 2 day on the plain then.

We could do like before with two groups for different rates of unshinyness removing :doh:

Is that cos you're bringing the 120 and lending LB to Chris? :whistle:

Paul said:
Right then, i'll start organising a shinies 2 day on the plain then.

We could do like before with two groups for different rates of unshinyness removing :doh:
Awesome, I'm in.......getting withdrawl symptoms. :clap:

I'll start a new thread then, we just need to sort dates.

Shall we open this up to all 4x4's and possibly new drivers as i know my sister in law loved the last day in the TerrorCan.

Paul said:
Is that cos you're bringing the 120 and lending LB to Chris? :whistle:

nah, just cause I want to lead some folk astray :laughing-lettersrofl:

Welcome on board Jon ! Keep your wits about you, as some of these guys (TonyP) in particular will try his best to lead you astray whilst others will lead you down that endless track of modifications, either way you'll love it matey :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Nick,

Won't be doing many mods for a while, got that nice long 5 year warranty to think about.......

Jon

Back