Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show

Tommy345

Country Flag
uk
Might be worth a comment if you would like to see new things happen and the show grow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 94
I think it's up to the exhibitors to say what they need rather than what the customers want.

How about some actual organisation with people on the right pitches in locations that make sense? Caterers that actually turn up? Car park attendants that have a vague clue? Put on the right show, you know. "Build and they will come"

Oh and the same awesome weather would be nice I have to say.

I'll definitely be there but only if it is a group meet up, apart from our get together the last show wasn't really worth more than one day. What I would like to see is more retailers selling 4x4 stuff pitched in the same area and pitches laid out in an easily accessible way plus as Chris said more caterers the previous food arrangements were abysmal.

Agreed Chas. If he doesn't bring it round this year then frankly I think it'll die on it's ass. Year before was sort of on the up, but last year was poor in so many ways. One more year of that and neither exhibitors nor customers will come. It is Adventure Overland rather than off road of course but there's lots of cross over selling. A winch is a winch for example. Doesn't matter what you want it for. There needs to be enough to interest all people. So far it's more biased toward people who like fudge and silly hats.

I should have said more retailers selling 4x4 stuff pertaining to overlanding.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I say its doomed if it keeps trying to sell bread to the baker as it were .

Chris and Chas have spent thousands to be self sufficient in the back and beyond of nowhere and so need no education about available products or destinations and think the same can be said about the vast majority of paying visitors .

What can you give them other than the chance to share their experience and knowledge with the uneducated . The aim of the show should be to bring others into the fold , an inexperienced and unequipped crowd would encourage vendors who are at present shy because you can't sell bread to a baker .

Oh and hire these guys https://www.facebook.com/The-Purple-Helmets-442062035913697/ and you will have a "show" that actually shows something because lets be honest what you have right now is little more than a jumble sale and the main event is paying visitors looking at other paying visitors trucks .

Back