Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ahc problems

al/c

Country Flag
uk
mine seems to have stopped working, it stays in normal with no problems and checking with techstream gives out no codes, is it worth doing more checks or replace with pedders kit. car is mostley used on road and does tow ...our pumps are 2.5 tons. any advice welcome. cheers alex.

Can you hear the pump running when you try to alter the height??

If you can, and it doesn't raise, check the fluid level (only use Toyota original & overpriced stuff). If the pump works I would expect the system to lower OK.

They are complex systems and cost a fortune to fix. I have been working on mine as I like to keep the car original, but it is a hell of an undertaking - particularly if the pipes are corroded.

Its easier to work on if you lift the body off :lol:.

I tow a Horse trailer that is about 2.5 tons (my other trailers are a bit lighter). I replaced the Suspension Globes with the 'enhanced' ones that are stronger at the rear. They seem to work OK.

Bob.

What exactly is the problem? You say it stays in normal ok, does it go to L but not H? In Techstream have you read the front and rear pressures?

hi, i,ll have to check the pressures, doesn,t seem to want to go into either mode now :think:

mine seems to have stopped working, it stays in normal with no problems and checking with techstream gives out no codes, is it worth doing more checks or replace with pedders kit. car is mostley used on road and does tow ...our pumps are 2.5 tons. any advice welcome. cheers alex.
Don't despair! There is a way out of this AHC nightmare and he goes by the name of Martin. And for any here looking to renew their suspension spheres I cannot recommend Martin and his guys high enough. Give him a bell on 01487 831239. Truss me, you won't regret it.

well things just got worse, not been using the amazon for a week or so as i,ve got a hi lux for work. now the rear end has dropped and won,t alter but the front still seems to be working. could this be down to the sensor or maybe the spheres :think: also the fluid in the resevoir seems to have got higher.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hook it back up to TechStream and read the pressure and height values. That might give a clue as to where the problem is.

Has the arm dropped off the rear sensor?
This happened to mine, the fluid will also rise due to the oil being pushed back up into the tank.

just checked , but unfortunately it,s not that ian, i,ll pull the sensor tomorrow and check it then take it from there, otherwise pedders or iron man are looking good.

think i,m going to bin the ahc, so recomendations on either a pedders or iron man kit much appreciated. p.s. the car will be in the northwest for a couple of months due to work.:think:

done a couple of more checks today and found a hairline crack in the rear sensor arm and it seems to have slightly bent the mounting bracket. undone from the bracket and the arm is moveable so i,ve ordered a new one......will see if this helps before major surgery:pray:

can the car be driven safely for a couple of miles with the sensor and bracket removed, bracket needs welding.also how easy is it to move the sensor arm when detached.

well i welded the bracket, stripped and checked the sensor, ..all ok, put back together and all seems to be working again.:)

all still ok, but think a fluid change may be in order, toyota stuff is very expensive but has anyone used citroen fluid which tends to be much cheaper. only asking as on the mr2 the power steering fluid is the same but less than half the price.:think:

Hi,
No by what I believe the Toyota stuff is a specific product, I got mine from Milners as it was the correct OEM product but a fair bit cheaper than direct from the dealer.

A 5 ltr can will change the fluid in the system and still have a small drop left over for future use, it seems no one bothers to swap the oil and mine was a dark muddie brown the first time I changed it.

A straight forward job but I did take the time to give my bleed screw several applictions of pentrating fluid a few days before just to ensure they came undone, a length of tube was the only other item that came in handy, to shoot the old oil into a plastic bottle. I also kept topping up the resivoir to max so as not to let any air in the system.

Now I just let a little out every time I am under the car doing other jobs and top up the resvoir accordingly, I like to see clean(ish) oil come out, then I am happy.

hi, thanks for the reply. as for the fluid...the mr2 electronic power steering fluid is supposedly a toyota specific only fluid but after research was found out to be the same as other manufacturerers, i.e. peugeot. and they are much cheaper hence the question:think:

Back