Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air con seal

Mblinko

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Got mine recharged the other day and all was very cool. Now it isn't and the leak is on the joints of the two pipes coming out of the condenser.... as per the pic below with tinge of green on it...

image.jpg

There is obviously a joint there and I'm guessing there is an o ring which seemingly isn't available unless you buy new pipes. Can I just use a good quality sealant for that or are new pipes a must ?

You can buy the correct seals from Toyota but the part numbers are not available on the parts computer, TOYODIY etc. A previous member on here (Marius De Kock) gave me the part numbers in a private message, but all correspondence with Marius has disappeared from my inbox unfortunately. I'm not sure if he left and closed his membership, as I didn't delete them, the only thing left is my thank you message in response In sent items!

I bought a selection box of aftermarket air-con o rings specified for Toyota but they still leaked when I tried re-gassing last time.

So in summary, there are part numbers for the o rings but they seem difficult to get hold of.

Any decent AC shop will have 'O' rings to suit that join.

regards

Dave

Just bare in mind the seal could still be good, but corrosion can creep under it and stop it from sealing. The ally gets pitted, so a new seal wont make any difference in that situation.

When I got my air con up to scratch I changed every accessible o ring. Got a air con specific selection box off the Internet. Non of them have leaked

When I got my air con up to scratch I changed every accessible o ring. Got a air con specific selection box off the Internet. Non of them have leaked

Can I ask who you got your box from

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Im back at base tomorrow so ill have a look..

Yes to reiterate Daves comment corrosion gets past the seal and lets gas out as the corrosion is porous. You have to remove the O ring and clean inside the condenser joint as best you can. the pipes seam to be made out of a more corrosion resistant ally than the condenser.

There is a myth that if your A/C stops working it may just need regassing. Well if it needs regassing you defo have a leak.

ive got the box in front of me, but cant for the life of me find the site i got it from. plenty of alternatives came up though.

the key to them sealing is obviously use the correct size O ring, make sure the housing is clean and its good practice to lube them, i had a tin of pag oil so used that.

Back