Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Alternatives to Pedders AHC conversion kit

david2001

Country Flag
zimbabwe
What alternative kits for AHC conversion are available in UK?
Presently Rough trax and Milners do not have anything.
I wish a standard ride height ..in fact a little lower would be best for the wife.My tyres are 16”
I have limited time off work for the job and originally hoped I would just order but there is no guarantee Ill get before mid May!!

thanks everybody
David

Terrain Tamer do a kit at £1200 !
Sold in the UK by 4x4 Works whom I've never dealt with but they claim UK stock .

Got my 80's suspension from works and when i decided I wanted 4" on the front instead they didn't have it in stock but got it to me very quickly anyway :thumbup:

The original kit is very good. Just get the right bits according to the parts list. For torsion bars you could even get 2nd hand.

The original kit is very good.
Absolutely agreed. If you can find a GX breaker or someone converting a GX to uprated ( as I did) then the standard steel suspension gives a great ride. I got my rear springs and dampers from someone uprating and they were like new. The front torsion bars came from someone else uprating . I got this setup in case I want to take the overlander back to standard and take the TuffDog uprated steel suspension off.

Don't know whether I'm too late to comment, but, just had mine changed over to a set from West Coast Offroad (think I may have seen them mentioned on this forum).
I phoned them up and they asked me what sort of result, rise, height etc. I wanted and put me a set together. It appeared to be a good price compared to a lot of others
seen on the internet.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Westcoast supplied my ironman foam cell kit. Easy to deal with. Told them what results I wanted and I got the results. Then comes the fun of fitting it, I bottled that and contracted it out.

Thanks.Im ready to fit my nonAHC no lift PEDDERS kit…only a bit anxious!!!

Ii agree its a down grade indeed....losing alll that varability for different situations!!

Btw, I object to the title of this thread. Should have been "100 series suspension downgrade kit". :)
Couldn't agree more, the hydropneumatic suspension is genius, this is what you lose by taking it out:

Height adjustment
On the fly damping adjustment
Self levelling
Ride quality
Active anti roll
Active anti squat
Active anti dive
Significantly greater continual damper resistance (it has gas cells ten times the size of ironman shocks)

Couldn't agree more, the hydropneumatic suspension is genius, this is what you lose by taking it out:

Height adjustment
On the fly damping adjustment
Self levelling
Ride quality
Active anti roll
Active anti squat
Active anti dive
Significantly greater continual damper resistance (it has gas cells ten times the size of ironman shocks)
you can add:
Better traction off road because of better flex. (Less progressive springs and weaker anti-roll bars. Compensated by the ahc)
Better ground clearance, in standard spec.

It's not though, it's apple/android v a paper rolodex.

Sure a rolodex has uses, and it's very reliable, but there's a reason why everyone uses a mobile phone.....

The last time I saw a quote for replacing the entire AHC System it was £17,000 (at Toyota prices).

It will be more now !

Bob.

The last time I saw a quote for replacing the entire AHC System it was £17,000 (at Toyota prices).

It will be more now !

Bob.
That's not really a surprise though, anything 100 series from a dealer is expensive.

I replaced all 4 sphere with genuine items for £450 18m ago. Significantly cheaper than a new pedder system.

Reactions: uHu
That's scary.. but when will we need to replace the whole AHC system? I thought most of the parts of AHC system can be replaced individually as needed.
How frequently are you all bleeding your AHC? The last time when I did bleeding, I set a reminder for 1 year/10000 miles and it's overdue now.

Reactions: uHu
That's not really a surprise though, anything 100 series from a dealer is expensive.

I replaced all 4 sphere with genuine items for £450 18m ago. Significantly cheaper than a new pedder system.
so £450 for 4 spheres
how much is a rear shock, and a front shock. Times that x 2

Add in fluid price and a new pump. Oh and height sensors.

A bit more than the price of a kit

Back