Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

am I stupid for considering to....

TobyJug

Garage
...... get rid of the 80 series....

As much as I love the truck I am not sure I should keep it...
I could do with getting on with the planned mods but I just have no time or money to do it right now..
my heart hurts knowing that after spending all this money having the truck "right" it is just sat there unused at the moment..

I am considering getting something different for that reason..

ahhhhhhh I am so in two minds...

I sooooo love the truck but it's not being used at all at the moment and I just don't know what to do...

HELP....

Before anyone points it out... Yes your right... It is not costing anything whilst it's sat there..
I don't need to sell it for the money as I am not in any money trouble..
however it is painful to see the truck being sat there after so much was spend to get it right..
Just seems a waste to have such a great vehicle sat still doing nothing..

Today I went to see the truck I soooo need to get her in the garage before she gets wrecked under the sheet...
However...
it has been over a month....

Key in the ignition...
WOW not even a full turn and she was running smooth as ever...
I mean what a vehicle... I really don't want to get rid but it's such a waste being sat there....

what to do.... ahhhhhh

Send her to me Toby, I'll look after her for you, you know just to keep her in trim, circulate the oils that sort of thing :thumbup: there won't be any of this sort of thing :auto-layrubber: and I'll keep well away from concrete walls. :confusion-seeingstars: honest guv. :lol: :lol:

Your mind has been infected by the pug. Take two nurses and call me in the morning...

Any point to dry storage? How often do you think you'd drive it in the next year? Outings only, then worth keeping?

Sent from TapaTalk

Crispin said:
Your mind has been infected by the pug. Take two nurses and call me in the morning...

Any point to dry storage? How often do you think you'd drive it in the next year? Outings only, then worth keeping?

Sent from TapaTalk

nah not the pug believe me....

I am looking for proper dry storage I am just not sure if she deserves to be in storage...

Prob won't really drive it at all over the next year..
I am so damn busy that outings are not really in the cards and if I go shows to sell I could do with something more special looking to attract customers... (like a nice 40 or something)

I love the truck and never thought I would consider selling but she is even on a sorn now... :o :crying-yellow: :crying-green:

Truck for Chris? Will be a good home.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Paul said:
Truck for Chris? Will be a good home.

Good point... I did mention it to him in this burn thread...
still a little unsure though... but hey that will be a good home indeed...

thought u had that bloke wanting it toby for good money?

karl wester said:
thought u had that bloke wanting it toby for good money?
He bought one now lol and I am not sure I want to sell still just seems such ashame to have it sat there

Save it for a rainy day, From what you said when i spoke to you if you wanted to buy another you would have to spend on it again.

Thanks for the replies...

Problem solved...
I have a bigger garage.... !!!

The truck will be moving in tomorrow so then the mods can begin..

all the "no-cost" prep first of course...

She will be a overland, 80 series Double Cab Pickup when done....

karl wester said:
:thumbup:

When are you hoping to have it done then toby?

ehhhhh when it's done... :p
No rush, gonna take my time...

Take the truck apart, galvanise the chassis and then slowly put everything back together...

I will start a build thread soon....
Just makes more sense to keep this one and make it special... it will be awesome when done...

Back