Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

And they wonder why we drive a Toyota

warrenpfo

I was surfing the net and came across some guys heading up to Norf Wales and thought i could see if I could tag along or join them for a day.

Below is the respose i got.....makes you feel so welcome.

I know i am going to get a grilling for this but i just wanted some company.

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f13/herts ... 889-3.html

Stupid gits, never mind Warren, their loss. You should have diplomatically reminded them just how often LR's break :lol:

Didn't we use to have a "Busaboy" over at the other place :shifty: Funny to see another with a DISCO :o :lol:

Don't worry, Warren - I did the same (with Landyzone) and actually went on a green lane day with Booger and some other stalwarts from that forum. Decent enough guys and just having a laugh in that post - lots of banter but my 80 with no lift and road tyres got through every lane without 2nd attempts or getting stuck, which quietened the guys with lifted & locked 110s a bit when they couldn't claim the same. "Cruising" on the motorway at 40 behind the queue of smoking and overheating LRs was a bit embarrassing, as was the torrent of windscreen wipers that came flying past me when we hit a rain shower that dissolved the LRs :lol: Needless to say the day was cut short when the lead LR broke down (broken gearbox) in a cutting which meant everyone reversing and towing out the dead truck...

Gotta hand one thing to the LR guys, they always make a big deal of good recovery points :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Makes me laugh, I've had LR boys tag along in the past telling me they want hard stuff and then never seen them again after they went home crying over the state of their trucks :lol:

Jon, that might be because your guages don't reach hard at the same time as most peoples start going red and the danger klaxons start me thinks :whistle:

About a decade ago I was driving my LJ70 with its tiny 2,4 4 cilinder turbo engine along with the LR guys for daytrips greenlaning in Nord Pas de Calais.

They often talked crap about my trusty steed. I had about a decade more experience than most of the landies running the same greenlanes :oops:

But that trusty old steed saw regular maintenance, had things fixed when they first appeared. Never fixed the same thing twice!!
It did have the habit of always arriving at the finish line and pulling a landy out of a pickle along the way.

I can asure you that cruiser was a real PITA with the LR community :twisted:

We had a Range Rover 2dr Classic for five years and I can tell (hand on heart) the only nobs we've met driving LR's were nobs when they weren't. Thank goodness, they are few and far between as most of the Land Rover fraternity were just great people both in and out of their trucks. I remember one trip to a LR show at Weston Park, Shropshire, where we found we were the only two black people in a 10 mile radius. We had ourselves a great day out. One guy took Sharon off in his SWB 2" lifted 90 and when she came back, she was as white as snow. She didn't say a peep all the way home and I never asked. The dude must have taken her for one hell of a ride and the only clue was her mud covered trainers. Maybe she had to get out and PUSH. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My wife doing manual labour.....Priceless!

John

The Dark Dude.

I am sure a lot of us have LR related stories. I remember meeting up with a group of them to do some tough lanes. A friend of mines RR classic died fairly early on in the day. I did the rest of these "tough" lanes with it on a rope behind me.

Another time at a P&P day a Suzuki got stuck in some water, mate in a Disco went in to pull him out and got stuck. We hooked the cruiser onto the Disco and pulled them both out in one go.

Most of the members of my off-road club drive an LR of one sort or another and they say to me I should get rid of the Cruiser and buy an LR :roll: because the spares are so cheap but my answer is maybe, but I don't need so many :lol: :lol:

the attitude of most of the landrover owners ive met is terrible. a lot of them seem very arrogant and seem to look down on any 4x4's that dont have a landrover badge. they seem to genuinely believe there in the best 4x4 ever built. :roll:

you only have to look to places with extreme terrain like Australia, Africa, south America middle east etc.
to see that most people drive cruisers or patrols. :thumbup:

Just read the thread on LR zone & this is one of their latest posts.

I think the plan was to head over at some point wednesday. But i think most of us are having repair issues befor we go....
'MOST OF US...' :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D ;)

Meh swings and roundabouts. My LC80 owes me £400 of unexpected repairs just by driving up and down the M40 for a year. "Good for another 100,000 miles" I'm told. I may well hold said company to said promise!!

Ian, your stories don't count. ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

Well I have just put a reply up, as I have been a member of their forum since 2005!!

Paul

Trying to find the pic of you and Andrew playing submarine submarine at some pay and play day.

sent from TapaTalk

Picking up on one of the later responses on LZ, why would they recommend a tow rope and not a strop? (don't worry, I understand perfectly why having a tow rope/strop is so important to this crowd :p )

Back