Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone know about this one?

By the second one you would be mad not to and it says is close to you.

It's over on the Wirral I think from the post code. Thinking of having a look, just wondering if anyone has any knowledge.?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It is saying 15 miles from you so you need to grab a tourch and get over there.

Mate unless it's blue, manual and a 97 you are welcome to it.

Fill yer boots.

15 miles from my old address :icon-biggrin:

Any in the know 80 owners local that fancy coming and having a look with me, don't want to buy a lemon and incur the wrath of the SWMBO especially as we're in the middle of buying a house and I'm not meant to be buying another truck till after the house move :whistle:

The one chris posted isnt the IOM one, that had a leather interior.

Just got this back from the seller of the second modded one.

Yes, it is still for sale.

Only service history is from since I have owned it, which is 6 years, I have all receipts for general servicing work and mot things, so all new discs, drums pads etc.that kind of thing. When i bought it I had the cambelt changed etc and the receipt is there for that; I think about 95,000 on clock at time.

This is a jap import, hence the rear wheel carrier so you only get the centre diff lock as standard which is in working order. I always intended to put ARB airlockers on it but never had time or money and in the end the need. All the electrics work, sunroof, aerial etc apart from the off side rear window.

The mods were carried out by macsport 4x4. The car was featured in total of road magazine in 2010.

The axles have not been rebuilt.

Body and chassis are in good nick, no structural rust or anything like that.

Hope that helps

Anyone got a copy of total off road!! lol

What's the cost of getting an ARB air locker fitted, I'm thinking just a rear one should suffice?

Last edited:
You need to see if its discs on the back axle.

Looks like it has drum brakes on the rear axle. Is that an issue to fit an air locker? And how hard expensive is it to convert to rear discs?

Richie

Owner mentions drums, think you can convert, but requires a fair bit of work and expense, new hubs or axles?- maybe check with someone like Julian Voelcker at Overland Cruisers.

I wouldnt jump to the fact it is drums from what he said. To convert from drums to discs is a rear axle swap so not that bad at all. As a jap import it should have a slipper in the rear axle. If the cruiser is mint dont let the rear drums put you off the are still excellent with drums. I have driven them and you dont think the brakes are any less powerful.
Stu

Thanks Chaps, I'll probably have a look on Monday. I asked if the hubs were dry but he said one was slightly leaking and had been since he got the car, but the garage that does his servicing said it wasn't a problem and it has been left? He said that he would have had it fixed if they had said it was a problem. I'm under the impression that if there is a leak then the seal has gone and it's likely that there will be grease in the diff? What do you think?

I wouldnt jump to the fact it is drums from what he said. To convert from drums to discs is a rear axle swap so not that bad at all. As a jap import it should have a slipper in the rear axle. If the cruiser is mint dont let the rear drums put you off the are still excellent with drums. I have driven them and you dont think the brakes are any less powerful.
Stu

Mine is drums on the rear, and they're just fine...:icon-biggrin: IMHO.

Just because there is goo on the swivel housing doesn't mean that there is grease in the diff oil.
Stu

Back