Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ARB compressor Tank

kingtom

Country Flag
uk
Just acquired an ARB twin compressor CKMTA12. Looking at the best set up for it. I want to fit a tank and have 2x QD air fittings. (front and rear of the truck) Going to be mainly used for tire inflation though probably in the future add some air helper cushions on the rear suspension. Anyone had any experience of these and the best tanks for the job plus fittings. Been looking at the Vair tanks though not sure what size to go for and best place to fit. Ideally under the 80 somewhere.

Advise would be welcome

Cheers

Tom

There's plenty of space if you don't use the under floor spare wheel area. Chris has a single 2.5 gallon tank which I would imagine to be plenty. I want an air receiver myself, but they seem hugely expensive for what they are and for me, I'd need to double the price with shipping out here, so I'm contemplating using a fire extinguisher, used or otherwise. The ones I've seen are pressure rated to 6 BAR and can be bought here for about £40 for a 8 lt capacity.

There's plenty of space if you don't use the under floor spare wheel area. Chris has a single 2.5 gallon tank which I would imagine to be plenty. I want an air receiver myself, but they seem hugely expensive for what they are and for me, I'd need to double the price with shipping out here, so I'm contemplating using a fire extinguisher, used or otherwise. The ones I've seen are pressure rated to 6 BAR and can be bought here for about £40 for a 8 lt capacity.

Thats not a bad idea though a fire extinguisher will only have one port wouldn't it? the spare wheel area could be a possibility though ive just got a sub tank to fit so not sure how much space will be left. Doesnt help that I am away with work at the moment so cant measure anything. Just trying to organize everything so when Iam back I can get straight on with fitting it all

Mine actually a 2 gallon now and I wouldn't go front and rear air points. It's actually harder. I have gone (this time) for left and right bonnet air points. So instead of having a point for the front two and back two tyres, you have one for left tyres and one for right tyres. Plenty of reasons why it's better actually and I say this from having both set ups.

It's all on my build thread. I have a sub tank and the spare wheel space has been used for sand ladders. Plenty of room to put the tank under the rear seat area.

Mine actually a 2 gallon now and I wouldn't go front and rear air points. It's actually harder. I have gone (this time) for left and right bonnet air points. So instead of having a point for the front two and back two tyres, you have one for left tyres and one for right tyres. Plenty of reasons why it's better actually and I say this from having both set ups.

It's all on my build thread. I have a sub tank and the spare wheel space has been used for sand ladders. Plenty of room to put the tank under the rear seat area.

Thats good to know ill probably do that then. with both points under the bonnet will be less likely to get bunged up with grime

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's one of the benefits. Yes.

No you haven't
I just said sand ladders because I didn't think anyone would be bothered enough to say anything
The sand ladders are on the roof
The bridging ladders are slung under my considerably higher than normal vehicle

Back