Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are Invincibles worth the extra money (120 knowledge needed)?

Animal Mother

Country Flag
wales
I'm still actively looking for a 120 and the Invincibles are really taking my fancy, but should I really be drawn to them over a decent LC4?

I don't want inbuilt SatNav so the early Invincibles (no SatNav, standard suspension) fit the bill, however, I can't see much difference between the LC4 and the Invincible spec, other than:

Tinted windows
201bhp
Invincible badging

Is that it? Any other differences?

Is there a Toyota approved tuning box available that would take the LC4 to 201bhp? If so, surely an LC4 with tuning box and aftermarket tinted windows would be much better value?

Any help would be appreciated before I pull the trigger on an Invincible (which has a £3k premium over an LC4).

Diolch

I too would be interested in answers to this. I see Invincibles at 201BHP and later ones at 173BHP. The time will come shortly when I#m looking to replace both Collies with something more contemporary which is medium to large 4x4 with quietness and comfort.
We went to look at a black 08 plate at a dealers recently 90K/ £15K, it was ok but some of the stuff round it made it look very plain and just a bit agricultural and questioned where the £15k came from.

I ran an earlier LC4 with a Lindop chip (manual gearbox) due to the low down Turbo lag when towing. Now have the Invincible in standard form with auto box.

The extra power is nice but it’s never going to be drag car, the auto is much much nicer especially towing.

An earlier LC4 on auto I think would be just the ticket, the extra power with the Invincible is essentially the same as the earlier model with a chip upgrade.

You need to get one specific to your VIN as there are 2 and 4 wire injector loom variants. The Lindop was a piggy back chip that clipped onto the injector and the original loom plugged into an adapter, then there was a positive and negative connection to the battery. (Early versions needed you to wire into the throttle fly by wire cable which is a pita). So it’s on, or off if you unplug the box but the power upgrade was nice.

To be fair, I’m don’t think I would experienced the Turbo lag on an auto anyway.

You cant get the Lindop tuning boxes for the 120 anymore. i emailed them when i was trying to maximise power but they have discontinued them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I fitted a Steinbauer chip to my hilux, but they are over £1k now
It adds a usefull bit of poke

Back