Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto gear hesitation 80 series 1995 4.2D turbo

david2001

Country Flag
zimbabwe
My 80 series which Ii drove to uganda in november and back without problems ..6500 km!is now hesitating to engage fwd and reverse gear from standstill and I think has become slow in changeing fwd gears inDrive
ive checked ATM and was slightly low and I topped up and color is ok. I dont know whenATM was last changed.
could this 1995 car have failing ATM pressure pump or other issues to be checked???
I also been reading about it and the overdrive was mentioned by some one!!!???
Any help in diagnosis appreciated. I am back in Scotland now and car is safely parked and not being driven until checked and sorted
thanks
David2001

One thing you could check is the action of the throttle position cable, i.e. that it is free in its action and springs back as it should. I had to change mine last year ( 95 24V auto also) as it was seized and gave rough changes. It's a bit of a job as you have to drop the auto box pan to fit it.
If it's your problem then get it from Amayama as it's about 40% of the price of Toyota GB.

many thanks
any other common issues that can be fixed?
I was thinking filter and pump for the ATF perhaps??
Which is the throttle position cable??attached to accelerator paddle?excuse my ignorance ..my first automatic gearbox!!
david 2001

have a look thru this and it will give you some help

Attachments

• A442F testing and adjustments.pdf
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 24
Back