Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto sump plug (if thats what they call them)

Steve Wright

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi Folks

Some time ago I read there was a sump plug that you could screw in and when you wanted to drain the oil you just
opened a valve and when drained just close the valve.

I have not seen it mentioned for a bit, were they a good idea or has every one fitted them ?

If they are available, where from ?

Yep, I have one too.

Thanks for the replies

But did not think they are that price, expected about £10

They do seem expensive now and you need to add on the hose for emptying. I've had mine for years and can't remember how much I paid at the time but I doubt it was £50 inc hose.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a Fumoto drain valve on mine and pretty happy with it - it's done about 10-12 oil changes now without spilling a drop on the driveway.

Hi and a quick update

I have now don the job, but there was some confusion with the size of thread for the 100, in particular Richard you put two posts of valves from different
company's but with different size threads, so I had a problem deciding which one to get

I notice the Difflock ones are for Landrover (sizes) but dont do one for a 12mm, and (Richard) you did a link for the 100 series up to 2003, which mine
is Sept 2004 (the facelift) and is 12mm.

So please check if fitting to make sure you have the correct one.

So next time I do a oil change its going to be easy

Sorry for the confusion. The Difflock link was just to show you where they were available. Both of mine same from that site and are 12mm IIRC.

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Back