Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auxiliary fuel tank, advice please

JimmyLJ71

I have an LJ71 that i use as a weekend toy and Overland Holidays.

The rear seats have been stripped out and i have put racking system in that holds all my kit.

I want to do do away with carrying loads of jerry cans so i have bought a 55lt plastic fuel tank that i want to install in the rear of the truck where my jerry cans used to be.

Ideally i would like to make it simple, but electrically pumped.

My idea is an electric valve that would be normally in the closed position until powered, then linked to an in-line pump and then piped directly to the fuel filler spout, this would then be switched via an aircraft type switch mounted on the dash and powered only when the ignition was on, that way you can see on the dash when the main tank is full via the fuel gauge, and in theory top up the main tank whilst on the move.

Would this work?, or is it a completely stupid idea? :oops:

Many thanks

I have now collected my tank, pleased with it, it is a 55l premier tank, little surprised because it has embossed into the plastic Trek Overland, they don't list tanks for sale on there website.

fueltank.jpg

DSCF1133.jpg

I found one of these kits On an American Website, it allows you to connect in-line with the fuel filler spout, does anyone know if they are available in the UK?

fuelkit.jpg

Back