Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Awesome reading

:clap:

spent the last hour reading, and still only a few pages in. great find. :thumbup:

yes a good read, think the linkwas posted in "the lounge" a few months ago - as i read it a while back

That was all written up on the LCCSA site (Land Cruiser Club of SA) and sort of syndicated here! Still good reading though - but the instalment series was good as we waited for each new morsel :lol:

Read through all of it some time back, well worth the read. Kinda puts my trip report into the light reading category :lol:

i've just stopped reading at page 50. I will finish this....
Every one who has a LC and/or is contemplating a major , or indeed a not so major, trip should read this ......
It is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It gives a good education on travelling in Africa but think they could have mad live a lot safer and easier by adding a winch. If they had of run into a hole after meeting the machete wielding mob then it may indeed have finished at page 50! Also do we think the amount of failures to the truck were moderate given the mileage on it or did it fail more than an lc should? I thought the axle problems were disappointing but maybe the result of not having a winch. Still trying to figure out if they were brave or stupid..

Still trying to figure out if they were brave or stupid..

I'd credit them with stupidity, bravery and luck in almost equal measure - hats off to them both.

And what a cruiser. 100,000k off-road before having a little nap???? :clap:

I think what they did was foolhardy and incredibly dangerous. They were ill equipped, reckless and incredibly lucky. Not sure why so many people on that forum were kissing their arses so much. Yes it's a good read, but ffs, what were they thinking.

This is quite an old story and there is soo much more to it than first appears. Trust me they have had their critics, supporters and everything in between.

I would really suggest that you read it, enjoy it and don't judge too harshly. It's unlikely that we will pass any new comments, trust me. Yeah, winch, lockers, convoy etc etc all very sensible and I'd agree. But they wanted to do it the hard way and man did they ever.

Chris

...foolhardy... incredibly dangerous... ill equipped, reckless and incredibly lucky....

Hmmm... all the ingredients for a real adventure surely?

Daft as it may have been - and granted, they could've got dead... what a journey to remember when you finally give up and hand in your licence.

Sam said:
...foolhardy... incredibly dangerous... ill equipped, reckless and incredibly lucky....
when you finally give up and hand in your licence.
Give up? hand in my licence? :naughty: they'll have to prise it from my cold dead hands :snooty:

Back