Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

B F Goodrich T/A KO 2 All Terrain

garygiles1963

Hi

This is my 1st post here even though I been a very happy 120 driver for a year and half now.

I'm planning a trip to Scotland and Outer Hebrides which will take a few weeks and I think this might be a good time to change the tyres. The reviews for the B F Goodrich T/A KO 2 All Terrain have been excellent. Would really appreciate any feedback from anyone who are currently using them.

Many thanks

Gary

I'm running them on the 100, low road noise, not bad in the mud for an AT and nice to tow with. They don't like being loaded up with sideways forces so can be slightly skittery in the wet and the odd howl in the dry but I've modified my driving to suit which is no bad thing. Overall I'm very happy with them to date.

I really like them. ive just come back from a 1700mile round trip to France. they are quieter than the old BF AT's, so better for the long trips.. I haven't tested them off road yet but did have the old ko's before hand, so if they at least match them in the muddy stuff il be happy. they also look really meaty with the added sidewall grip.

I just got KO2s on the lc105 and did a 2k mile trip. They are good all around tyres. We did M road, A road, B road and tracks (stone ), tyres just worked well, good ride and traction.

Having said that, our 120 runs on Yokohama geolander AT ( the g012 ), and both on M road as well as in wet on road, the geolanders perform better than the KO2 do and are quieter.

Also being a LT tyre the KO2 are all tested and cerified at a much much higher tyre pressure than most people are going to run at - ie, unless you are running at (or near) 80psi you are not going to get characteristics of that tyre as BFG specs them. Howse that going to impact suspension? But , the ko2 self clean better and have better performance on stone and mud offroad.

So, are you really going to get off the beaten track? If so, KO2s. If you are just staying on pavement, think of the geolander too. After all, it does get and stay quite wet around this part of the world.

Hope this helps,

Ive been running the geolander (Yokohama G94C) for a while now. No complaints at all; 99% pavement but they worked well in the snow and floods over winter. Really happy with them.

Hi

This is my 1st post here even though I been a very happy 120 driver for a year and half now.

I'm planning a trip to Scotland and Outer Hebrides which will take a few weeks and I think this might be a good time to change the tyres. The reviews for the B F Goodrich T/A KO 2 All Terrain have been excellent. Would really appreciate any feedback from anyone who are currently using them.

Many thanks

Gary
I run BFG A/T's on everything ( except the Hundie).
When it comes to replacing them I will buy more BFG A/T's.
I don't think there is much to choose between any of the A/T's really but the mileage from BFG's seems to be the deal clincher for me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks to everyone who replied, very much appreciated.

My situation is I live in a caravan which I move every 2-3 weeks. I probably drive on road 85% of the time. During the summer I be pitched on grass. I'm concerned of getting stuck because I've don't have the right tyres. I don't see myself doing any serious off road driving in the near future. But Scotland will involve some wild camping. So I probably go for the BFG I want to cover all my bases.

Next question will be tyre presser. I post a separate question.

Thanks again to everyone who posted replies.

Gary

HI garygiles1963
I run KO2s on my 120 they are great on grass much much better than standed tyres also much better on motoway fast bends and roundabouts. I have never been in deep snow yet but I am sure they will cope well .
I air mine at 38 psi as BF A/T have a very stiff side wall. The high 38 psi gives me the same mpg and less road noise than standed tyres . I have 265/70/17 bf a/t k02s on mine they give 13mm more ground clearance and are
cheaper to buy as they are a more commen size . They dont look as wide on the lc120 as the standed tyres witch
is a bit of a shame if you like the wide look.
Kind regards
Tony

Hi

funnily enough, read this after buying another (for the spare).

Been running them for a few weeks now, very slight increase in noise (mine truck is a hilux with cab)

mpg has dropped, looks like I'm down from 28 to 25mpg, but will up the pressure, see if it helps.

HI garygiles1963
I run KO2s on my 120 they are great on grass much much better than standed tyres also much better on motoway fast bends and roundabouts. I have never been in deep snow yet but I am sure they will cope well .
I air mine at 38 psi as BF A/T have a very stiff side wall. The high 38 psi gives me the same mpg and less road noise than standed tyres . I have 265/70/17 bf a/t k02s on mine they give 13mm more ground clearance and are
cheaper to buy as they are a more commen size . They dont look as wide on the lc120 as the standed tyres witch
is a bit of a shame if you like the wide look.
Kind regards
Tony

yep, same size as me and same pressures. cant beat them for the mileage you get out of them.

Hi

funnily enough, read this after buying another (for the spare).

Been running them for a few weeks now, very slight increase in noise (mine truck is a hilux with cab)

mpg has dropped, looks like I'm down from 28 to 25mpg, but will up the pressure, see if it helps.

What did you change from?

Back