Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Baboons Pass vid

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Not had a proper chance to watch this yet (no broadband coonnection ...) but it should be interesting. Some of you may have seen some of this ...

Caravan up Baboons Pass??

[youtube:11wu29t5]4rPdSSkLRnI[/youtube:11wu29t5]

Had seen this one a while back. There is a caravan out there if anyone wants to claim it. Not sure what she was saying but I dont think he impressed his lady friend.

Gary, do you know this pass? Have you been there? Looks interesting - without the catavan.

Here is an article about the place: http://www.driveout.co.za/destinations/baboons-pass-grip-baboon Definitely not caravan land

There are some interesting trip reports on LCCSA of trips up Baboons Pass. I haven't been up it myself but have done a few others in Lesotho and the tracks are ROUGH. There are others that are even tougher than Baboons - the question is always how much road building do you want to do and how much risk are you prepared to take? Lesotho is fairly remote and high altitude (>10,000 ft above sea-level) so rescue choppers are not a phone call away and ambulances, if available, are hardly going to make it up those passes!

That caravan episode attracted a lot of flak as the vehicle clearly damagaes the road more than it would without the 'van and the 'van is hardly necessary...

No fit hand knowledge unfortunately. Love to go there one day. Some of the folk on LCCSA have been there more than once - and I think someone has towed a caravan up there successfully - could be wrong though.

I'll dig out some of my Richtersveld 'Road to Hell' footage and post that up for comparison - now that was an epic rescue!! :lol:

Here's a secondary trip - no rescue:

[youtube:7ukx26s5]6L6gAr-OQAY[/youtube:7ukx26s5]

And go google it ...

Looks like you really would have to keep your wits about you or it could end badly...

Looks like a lot of fun. Odd though, the guy in the LC did not look very "instructor like". A few times you could see the red mist descend he just boots it. The LR did the same (and paid the price)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think that a more apt name for that clip would be "How not to do baboons pass".

4x4 guru's my arse!

Ryan Thomson said:
I think that a more apt name for that clip would be "How not to do baboons pass".

4x4 guru's my arse!

more like ill equiped leadfoot numpty's :lol:

still looks a good challange though :thumbup:

a case of them having made baboons out of themselves .... and that is how they came to name the pass :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back