Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Been wondering about this bit of damage..

wangjjang

Anyone got any ideas what could have caused this?

2efhzsk.jpg

Well, other than you reversing into something it may be what happened to me, some other person has collided with your bumper damaging it, they may have had a quick look and thought "that,'ll be ok" and jogged off leaving you with said damage. This happened to me and I suspect the Transit twin wheel truck that was parked close by was the culprit, however, no evidence, no witnesses, no nothing. Now I have 5mm thick "discreet" bumpers that look almost as the originals but will certainly not surrender in my absence, but hopefully inflict a retributional dent on the offenders vehicle, so they have a nice reminder not to nudge my truck. They also serve to prevent damage when 'froading and are part of the spare wheel/ jerry can carrier. Whilst on holiday in Spain couple years back, had a chap try to push the bruiser while it parked ( legally) along the road so he or she could park in a ridiculously small gap, the bruiser never gave an inch, the bonnet on the other car did, a perfect impression of the tow ball in it, some people must have the brains of a chocolate mouse, with its head bitten off!!

haha it wouldnt surprise me :o

there doesnt seem to be any noticeable damage to the lower part of the bumper which would indicate a bump. It must have taken quite a hit because theres a lot of warping in there. Its also made it stiff to drop the lower tailgate so im gonna have to replace that bumper. grrr.

take it off and heat it with a hot air gun (not the said woman's hairdryer). it should regain its shape. when it does, hit it with a hose pipe to lock it in shape. Suggest putting down the heat gun before picking up the hosepipe :icon-wink:

Back