Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Benefits and Concerns with a 120

BIG clean GREEN said:
Coincidentally if you know of anyone interested in a nice clean 95, big clean green will be up for grabs, if you haven't seen it then Chris will surely vouch for how tidy it is !

Regards,

After last weekends dales trip with me in my 'cruiser, my brother is thinking of getting a colorado or hilux surf!

Clean and tidy doesn't even come close. It's top banana. Only truck I have seen where the underneath is cleaner than my house!

Any more mint, it'd have a hole through it. But the tyres are mine :twisted: :twisted:

Chris

BIG clean GREEN said:
Coincidentally if you know of anyone interested in a nice clean 95, big clean green will be up for grabs, if you haven't seen it then Chris will surely vouch for how tidy it is !
I can certainly vouch that Nick's 95 is mint, its his pride and joy, and that shows in its condition, its the best one I've seen. Shame your having to sell it Nick, but I'm sure you'll get the replacement looking just as good.

You're right Scott, thanks, the only reason it's going is because of SWMBO wanting to go to bl66dy St Tropez or some other froggy gizzed up place :lol: and I'm not doing 2.5k miles at 14mpg, I do love BcG and it'll be a great motor for the next owner :thumbup:

Cheers Joe, It is a little over budget, but from what I've seen so far I'll be lucky to get one with my budget so will need to find some more dosh ! Apart from the scratches and cracked rear lens it's bob on ! I don't think I'll be getting one just yet, it'll be closer to xmas time, but I'll keep looking anyway !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats ok.
Does anyone know if the 100 series is common rail or is it a normal td set up?

100 series is old fashioned pipe per injector. It's essentially the 80 series engine with an intercooler and some electronics bolted onto the injection pump.

Jon Wildsmith said:
100 series is old fashioned pipe per injector. It's essentially the 80 series engine with an intercooler and some electronics bolted onto the injection pump.

Good because the amount of horror stories i hear with this new common rail set up (admittedly not all Toyota) it puts me off of buying a newer car so this should be taken into consideration when thinking of saving a few penny's on mpg as i know of a few people that have gone into the thousands when something goes wrong. so for me i would be looking at the 100 series or stick with the one you have.

Joe

There's so many pro's and cons with old and new it's quite a mine field, I keep changing my mind like the wind changes direction, I like the 80's but IMHO unless I get a 100% minter they're too old !!! I also like the 100s due to their size and power but they'd be no better on fuel than what I have now (would they ?), I fancy a V8, but SWMBO fancies a night out with Daniel Craig and that won't happen either, so the natural route would be the 120, then do I go for the simplest trouble free option of the LC3, the muts nuts with the LC5and much more gadgetry to go wrong or middle of the road LC4, I answer my own question really every time, the LC4 I'd be able to use more instead of SWMBO mini cooper, the issue now is waiting for the cheque to drop on the floor from the national lottery :thumbup: So I can get a decent one.

Here's another option :mrgreen: Keep BCG she's a bute :thumbup: Buy yourself a good clean Passat Estate for 2/3rds the money or even less than your planing on spending, everyones a winner :D :D :D

Yeah i know what you mean, i have been over and over it myself but i also need to do a fair bit of saving as i eventually want to upgrade to a 100 series as i like the 6 cylinder engine or even the v8 if one came up that had been gas converted. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Joe

Wow ive just done a parkers price comparison on the amazon on an 03 plate and the 4.2 diesel is coming up as 16.5K
and the v8 on the same plate 10.5K

now thats some mpg to get that money back :lol:

Joe

BIG clean GREEN said:
Trust you Steven :thumbdown:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.9TDi 36mpg round town, 50mpg on a run (not sure of figures when towing but can't be too bad), group 12 insurance, £165 road tax........ :D :D :D

but will it safely tow a 1800kg twin axle caravan Steven? Saw quite a few scary combinations on our travels this year and the aftermath of a couple gone wrong and although a 3 ton 4x4 does not make you invincible it helps ;)

Jon Wildsmith said:
but will it safely tow a 1800kg twin axle caravan Steven? Saw quite a few scary combinations on our travels this year and the aftermath of a couple gone wrong and although a 3 ton 4x4 does not make you invincible it helps ;)
Mmmmm..... :think: Got me there, no idea :) Cheap to run though :D Have you considered a Discovery :shifty: :lol: :D ;)

Jon Wildsmith said:
sae70 said:
Have you considered a Discovery :shifty: :lol: :D ;)
yes, then I woke up and realized it was a nightmare phew :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK fare points, was just making certain that all options had been considered :D 120 it is then :D

1800Kg :shock: :!: That seems like alot of caravan :!: I'm not sure that my house weighs this much :D

sae70 said:
Have you considered a Discovery :shifty: :lol: :D ;)

I met a guy who has a new 11 plate disco four. Been in for warranty repairs 5 times already. Before that, he had a Disco 3 and before that he had a freelander. He admitted being an sucker. :clap:

Back