Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bi-colour LED's

fridayman

Garage
Has anyone ever used these for anything? I am thinking of using one (mounted in the dash) on my Cyrix relay which has a micro switch. I see that there are 2 types: 2 prong and 3 prong. For the 2 prong led's you need to reverse the polarity somehow...? So maybe I should only be looking at the 3 prong types which would be simple to connect to the micro switch which has 3 tabs (1 common and 2 "live" for connected/disconnected)?

I assume the current draw on an LED is not worth worrying about.

Watching with interest. I want to do exactly the same with mine.

Chris

Either use a 12v LED or put a small current limiting resistor in series with each +ve feed to it (resistor value depends on the LED spec). It might be simpler to use two 12v LED's.

It might be simpler to use two 12v LED's.

Not so kinky though.. :D

Three prong would be the simpler of the two options, but as Jon states, you will need to voltage drop to the LED's operational voltage.

I think I'd just go with a single one that says when it's 'in' Or a red one perhaps to show it's not. Having an indicator for both sounds like it's waaay beyond my tiny brain.

Chris

ive got 2 LED for my cyrix on the dash!
orange for linked and red for off
but bit redundant really as i have 2 voltmeters. so you can tell when the batterys are connected or not, depending on whether or not the two voltmeters show same voltage or not! :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back