Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

bj70 vs bundera ?

phs

hi guys iv owned a bj70 for 6 years now and im always meeting people that bring up the bundy saying there the light bj70 with smaller motors and mainly tack weld construction opposed the bj70 being bolted, that the bj70 was built for Australias rough corrugated roads and the bundys a jap import version

the only things iv personally noticed are, the rear windows in my bj are one solid plain of glass, all the bundys iv seen are 2 pce sliding windows
the front quarter panels on my bj 70 are the same as the 75 or older 79 series the bundys are squared in the front, the motor in my bj is a 3b 3.4 lt diesel, in the bundys iv heard of much smaller turbo charged units .

has any one got some actual facts and not just assumption about these models ?

thanks phil

i believe body wise they are exactly the same from the firewall back and chassis is around 90% the same taking into account different suspension mounts etc, the only real difference is the drive train and suspension set up

i believe body wise they are exactly the same from the firewall back and chassis is around 90% the same taking into account different suspension mounts etc, the only real difference is the drive train and suspension set up

drive train including engine, the bundera had the
2l-t 2.4 turbo diesel

thanks guys.

are the chassis the same ?
and is there any truth to this things are tack welded opposed to bolted?

Back