Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bought myself a new toy.

silvercruiser

This time last year i had sold my 120. and purchased a Touareg. I really liked the Touareg for what i was doing (mainly the family weekend car with no offroading) i loved the v6 TdI and 8 speed auto box.

So I needed to buy a truck for my business, I went and test drove a Ranger, not bad but a bit sluggish considering it was a 3.2, and the salesman was a bit of a pleb too.

I did consider a Hilux but the new ones have gone small engine and have some of the lowest power figures in the truck market.

I then test drove the Amarok. it has the same v6 tdi and 8 speed auto and drove quite nicely, the salesman didnt give me any rubbish, got straight to it and came up with a deal i was happy with. so im now an Amarok Driver.

Il put some pics on when it stops raining.

And The Touareg has already gone to a family member who had been waiting for me to sell it.
I would of kept the Touareg but only have so much room on the Drive.

This time last year i had sold my 120. and purchased a Touareg. I really liked the Touareg for what i was doing (mainly the family weekend car with no offroading) i loved the v6 TdI and 8 speed auto box.

So I needed to buy a truck for my business, I went and test drove a Ranger, not bad but a bit sluggish considering it was a 3.2, and the salesman was a bit of a pleb too.

I did consider a Hilux but the new ones have gone small engine and have some of the lowest power figures in the truck market.

I then test drove the Amarok. it has the same v6 tdi and 8 speed auto and drove quite nicely, the salesman didnt give me any rubbish, got straight to it and came up with a deal i was happy with. so im now an Amarok Driver.

Il put some pics on when it stops raining.

And The Touareg has already gone to a family member who had been waiting for me to sell it.
I would of kept the Touareg but only have so much room on the Drive.
Nice car, we have one at work on the fleet, on general Grabbers if I remember correctly. Just make sure it’s on the latest update of ECU from VW, they’ve gone through quite a few recently

Nice car, we have one at work on the fleet, on general Grabbers if I remember correctly. Just make sure it’s on the latest update of ECU from VW, they’ve gone through quite a few recently
I’ll get you a list tomorrow if you want.

What issues do they have.

One of the vehicles been think9ng of replacing my disco with.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So far:
Issues with DPF, make sure you have latest revision
Issues with Boost Pressure sensor, older ones fail due to the boost they run, updated sensor required

Its A new 68plate 258ps so i hope its got all the updates on it. Im part of a an amarok group on facebook. they do have some DPF issues, ive read many issues but most seem driver error. not having enough fuel in it to regen, not letting the re gen finish etc etc

Plus i have VCDS from having the Touareg so i can force a regen on the drive if need be.

And if all else fails its under warranty.

I also drive fairly spirited too, so this helps. My diesel Transit has a DPF and had no problems with this.

Nice one Joe - I like the Amarok and they do seem to have built a decent following. Enjoy! :thumbup:

Just managed to get a picture before the sun went down. (Can't wait for the nice summer evenings)

20190128_165119.jpg

Back