Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake Disc & Pad Upgrade - Best Products?

thelostscott

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi all,

It's time Hank got some extra stopping power with all the extra weight I'm starting to put on him (not from my own excess consumption).

The front discs came up as needing to be changed on my most recent MOT so I figured I might as well change all four corners for the better.

I was just wondering if anyone had any brands/products that they've found to be top notch?

I'm currently looking at this kit: MTEC Brake Discs & Mintex Pads Kit

Cheers

I've only heard people say praise about the MTEC gear ... I'm yet to try them myself though.

If you go off roading you probably don't want to get the cross drilled option ... so go for dimples instead

Yeah I was thinking the Dimpled & Grooved option would be the way to go

I recently installed a set of Nitrac drilled and grooved cryo'd discs with EBC Greenstuff pads. Night and day difference, though I did rebuild all of the calipers at the same time.

http://www.nitrac.co.uk/

3ebynuhy.jpg

Yes Mtec all good for me. I know its not a 100 series but i have been all the way to italy and back plus more and no problems.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So I ended up going with MTEC Grooved & Dimpled Discs, Mintex Pads and refurbished Calipers from Brakes International and am very happy with the results

2013-09-06115108.jpg

Just need some spacers now...

I can't say Toyota OEM has let me down but like you it's on my list to do when they need changing as our recent trip to Italy fully loaded found the brakes wanting on occasion in the alps.

Lots of fade and brake squeal resulted in me having to gear down.

Back