Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Breaking Lil' Blue in April

Trevor

Country Flag
england
Sadly I'm breaking Lil' Blue next month, it'll take a few days in between other jobs but I'm putting up a parts list in this thread, will add pricing shortly when I've figured that out.

Lil' Blue is a SWB "R" reg Colorado with the 1KZTE engine.

If anyone wants to preorder bits then post up, please play nice and only claim if you are definately going to have the item.

If there are any items I've not listed and you want then just ask. I'd prefer if you can arrange your own courier although some mid to light weight items can be collected in person from my house if it's easier.

Note that the engine is going into Fiery, the current engine in Fiery is the one being offered for sale, this is a Surf engine that's had the Collie bits added back, it would benefit from a new sump and oil sender so use your old one. This engine has had new ACL BEBs, timing belt, water pump, oil filter and tensioner fitted and will be sold with all ancillaries except starter and alternator.

Engine £750
Transfer £400
Gearbox £400
Front axle complete with ARB air locker and VIAIR 350c compressor £1750 (you will need a receiver tank, switch and some pipework)
Sliders £300
Front and rear custom steel bumpers £500 (rear has new NAS lights fitted)
4 Ring spotlights which fit bumper (1 has mirroring beginning to lift) £50
Rear axle complete with half shafts, diff and working actuator £500
Set of 5 bare Colorado alloys average condition £250
Set of 5 Hankook Dynapro MT tyres 265 75 16 done approx 1500 miles £500
2 x front door glass
2 x rear quarter glass
Rear door glass
ECU
Alarm ECU and corresponding ignition barrel, door locks if needed.
2 x door window motor
Steering rack
Steering control valve
Radiator £75

Last edited:
Sad days Trevor.

Never good to see any model to get broken up tbh :(

Ive got a few very small bits id be after - would it be best to PM you ?

Worth just mentioning the diff ratios there Trev. Or the R number off the tube at least. We don't want people getting the wrong thing. The rear diff was fully rebuilt by JW complete with solid spacer so it's a gem. It had new bearings and crown and pinion etc

I'd rather not break it but it needs a fair bit of work to get back to an MOT which I just don't have the time to do, I have too many vehicles as it is and if I'm honest I could use the dosh.

I would love to sell it to someone as a project but had no takers (I did post some months ago HERE) so the time has come as it's just sitting doing nothing right now.

Paulpen, yes PM me and I'll see if I've got what you are after, subject to a last minute reprieve coming in.

Cheers Chris, sticker long gone so I don't actually know off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seem's an awful shame why not give it a week on ebay , the forum will likely end up with a new member if it sells .

Hmm, might have a pic. Could have been an R 16. I'll see. It's quite important unless you sell the front and rear as a pair.

Trev, have you got the rear kirbside flare intact? I can't remember if that was a casualty or not...

Trev if you sell the snorkel, there is a pretty good chance I still have the card template for cutting the holes, somewhere.

And for Trevor's next trick he'll be setting fire to a box of kittens. Cruel man :(

Hmmm breaking Lil' Blue or hot pussy? I know which option I'd rather take :lol:

Trev, if the rear prop has a double cardan joint in it, which I think it has, could you save that for me to have a look at please? I'm always passing!

Back