Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Breather manifold

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Look, I am not saying that I need one of these nor that I really believe the the OEM breathers aren't good enough, but when you couple being bored and having a man cave - you get this sort of thing:

P1010123.JPG

Obviously it's billet, high grade aircraft aluminium - whatever that is :icon-rolleyes:

Done on the lathe and miller of course from a chunk in my scrap bin. Why 4 holes? Because that's how long it was.

I have ordered some push fit 1/4 bsp fitting for it as these are actually NPT and I don't like them much But you get the idea. The end one is 10mm to go up the snork probably. If I ever bother to fit it.

P1010122.JPG

I'm getting better at this stuff. Ther'e more measuring now and less tongue in the corner of the mouth with one eye closed ....

Chris

Nicely made, looks neater then pipes looped up on the bulkhead or up the snorkel.
Need more toys in my man cave!

Very nice CHris - you got a site we can order them from ;-)

Errm I think it's www. nochance.com

Ha ha

C

Looks better with the correct doobries screwed in. Suppose I'd better fit it then.

P1010124.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That looks very smart Chris and as always a propper job has been done.

Could you share you supplier for the quick fit parts?

Last question why the small indent on the surface of the closest face?

That looks very smart Chris and as always a propper job has been done.

Could you share you supplier for the quick fit parts?

Last question why the small indent on the surface of the closest face?

It's on both sides, I reckon Chris started out with a bit of scrap rod from his bin and that indent was already there. :think:

B*st*rd. I knew someone would ask that. And I hoped to get away with calling it 'styling'. Actually, it is a bit of design, I like it. But Chas has hit a home run there. I did think that I could use a U bolt to go around it to fix it, but scrapped that idea.

The push fits are widely available but I got them from engineersmate.com

Chris

Back