Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

bring on cheaper fuel

J66P

collected my Cruiser after having its lpg kit fitted today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

J66P said:
collected my Cruiser after having its lpg kit fitted today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nice one...
Welcome to the joys of cheap fuel bills....

Yes, cheaper but still not exactly cheap! :evil:

LPG is 77.9p around my way (when you can find/get it) and at ~18mpg doesn't exactly last a very long time. I know I shouldn't be moaning/whinging as it's my choice but still ...... :roll: :(

Anyway J66P - welcome to the LPG club. :)

I'd be interested in how you get on as your system beds in .....BTW did you go for a flashlube kit? When my BRC system was fitted (I didn't own the car at the time) the fitters had said that the 5VZ-FE didn't need it. :think:

chadr said:
did you go for a flashlube kit? When my BRC system was fitted (I didn't own the car at the time) the fitters had said that the 5VZ-FE didn't need it. :think:

Guy that did mine said no point on this lump :mrgreen:

The firm that fitted the LPG to the missus's 80 said to have the flashlube for hers and so did JW on here.
At an extra £70 for peice of mind I went for it.
I don't know why some engines need it and others don't though :?:

its the hardness of the valve seats I believe

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
J66P said:
chadr said:
did you go for a flashlube kit? When my BRC system was fitted (I didn't own the car at the time) the fitters had said that the 5VZ-FE didn't need it. :think:

Guy that did mine said no point on this lump :mrgreen:

That's good to know. I did do some research on this and was getting differing views, though most of the experts seemed to suggest that Flashlube wasn't required on a 5VZ-FE. :)

And just to clarify my earlier post - which may have come across like a real moan; If you take today's pump prices for UL and LPG as £1.30 and 78p and my MPG as 20mpg and 17mpg respectively, then you get the equivalent of ~28mpg price wise on LPG compared to UL. That is not exactly great IMO. A D4D* would be laughing at that all day, every day, even considering the slight price differential between diesel and UL.

However back in the real world (and trying to be positive), if you do an average mileage of say 12k per annum, you save over £1k running on LPG versus UL. Obviously the greater the mileage, the greater the saving. :thumbup:

Well I have been running it a while and it seems to be getting better and better, especially now I have finished installing the kit to an acceptable standard, well my standard that is

I am now looking at fitting flashlube on my 3.4 V6 Landcruiser, I have been reading up and looking at fitting instructions and it seems you fit the pipe just past the butterfly in the inlet manifold. I have then looked on Tinley Tech and they have injector pipe type distributors ??, are these required for my engine or is it ok to fit it just past the butterfly as previosuly thought ??. The issue I have at the back of my head is the length of pipework on the manifold it goes through on my particular engine, the inlet manifold seems to have extremly long pipes before going into the cylinders, will it work or will I have oil build up and smoke on start up as it settles in the manifold ?

Also which kit will I need, one with an ecu or one without ??

Option 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-Autogas-J ... 4aaf53938e

Option 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-autogas-A ... 45ec356a9e

Option 3

first kit on the page http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/FlashLube.html

Picture showing manifold layout on my Landcruiser, before I tidied it all up and relocated just about all the lpg components

Picture836.jpg

On my 1FZ-FE the kit is plumbed in just after the butterfly valve and I don't have any issues with smoke on startup. I did have my throttle body off a while back for a clean and didn't notice any build up in the inlet manifold tubes either.

I had the old style(second link you posted) kit with the manual adjuster on the bottle but found it would eventually close itself due to vibration. I now have the electronic kit with the ecu and at least now I know the dosing is consistent.

I'm using an electronic kit from Tinley Tech, have it connected to just after the throttle butterfly and the intake manifold runs are quite long. No smoke at startup.

well I have gone for an Electronic Flashlube kit, just need to fit it now :mrgreen:

I was going to have the Prins version of Flashlube ( VSi Valvecare, http://prinsautogasuk.co.uk/PrinsVSI/ValveCare.html) fitted onto my conversion but Neil at Medway Dual Fuel has had various failures coming back to him of that particular system and advised me not to. Neil, isn't impressed with the other LPG additive products on the market either which kind of leaves me in no mans land. As long as it's doing no harm, for the price, I think ANY product that protects and extends the lifespan of your valves, must be a good investment in peace of mind. And it did work for JW?????

So JP any feedback on how your Prins VSi LPG system is getting on with a non Prins Flashlube system?

John

There were problems with the 'Mk1' Flashlube electronic kits, I had 2 fail on me, but the updated replacements worked and AFAIK are still working? Prins may be running into the same design problems as Flashlube did.

Jon

Thanks for the heads up. I'll pass the word onto Neil and see what he says. BTW: I found this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electronic-Va ... 43ad9179da

I'm always wary when things are too good to be true. Does anyone have any info about this product???? I mean it does come from JW's boys at Tinley Tech Ltd, as a special offer so it can't be ALL BAD, can it?

John

Jon Wildsmith said:
There were problems with the 'Mk1' Flashlube electronic kits, I had 2 fail on me, but the updated replacements worked and AFAIK are still working? Prins may be running into the same design problems as Flashlube did.
Seems to be working JW - what are the symptoms of failure??

Fuid level stops going down :) Goes down very slowly, but should go down.

Back