Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Browser settings help anybody ?

Shayne

Guru
I wiped my com recently and have just got around to sort of personalizing it a bit . The trouble i'm having is yahoo has always been my homepage (10 years or more) and i've come to view it as like my daily newspaper , it also gives easy access to my mail , i only have one address .

But yahoo is absolutely pathetic as a search engine so what i usually do is run windows in firefox and use a google toolbar for searches . This works but does slow things down considerably so i've been looking for an improvement .

Installed google chrome and its much faster than the old set up , set yahoo to be my homepage no problems at all . But now i have a google search engine which gives great results but everything is presented as if it comes from yahoo and i don't like the page layout at all . No problem me thinks just install a google toolbar above the yahoo page and happy days .

But i'm stumped :? computer won't let me install a google toolbar when google chrome is my default search provider anyway .

Surely that can't be right ????????????????????????

Google toolbar is only available for Internet Explorer. Google Chrome is supposed to have all the functionality of the toolbar built into the browser.

With Crome you just type your search-term straight into the address field, and google is your uncle.

Thanks uHu :thumbup: i could have searched the web forever without finding such a simple solution !

Back