Buildwas Pay n Play.

Ben

Guru
Country Flag
australia
went to Buildwas today for a few hours in my cruiser. :twisted:

P1000157.jpg

P1000159.jpg

hit my bumper very hard and put a dent in it, and also bent the wing slightly and broke the indicator/sidelight bracket. :thumbdown:

P1000160.jpg

Mitch in his 90.

P1000161.jpg

P1000162.jpg

P1000163.jpg

P1000165.jpg

P1000166.jpg

twisted one of my side steps. :thumbdown:

P1000167.jpg

P1000169.jpg

P1000170.jpg

P1000176.jpg

P1000179.jpg

managed to get my truck stuck in the thick gloopey clay. :o

P1000181.jpg

i was adamant that i wanted to be pulled forward and through the mud, rather than taking the then easy option of being pulled out backwards. :doh:

P1000183.jpg

P1000184.jpg

this only made things worse, and i became even more stuck! :?

so Mitch tried winching me backwards.

P1000187.jpg

this completely failed and only resulted in him winching his truck towards me. next we anchored his truck to another truck and also used a snatch block. this time both vehicles began winching towards me! :p

so next we got 2 trucks with winches, and 2 snatch blocks, and anchored both of the winch vehicles to other vehicles behind them, and slowly they winched me out! :clap:

P1000188.jpg

P1000189.jpg

P1000191.jpg

P1000193.jpg

P1000194.jpg

P1000195.jpg

had to move the trucks back a bit, for the final pull.

P1000196.jpg

P1000197.jpg

P1000198.jpg

P1000199.jpg

finally out! :dance:

P1000200.jpg

P1000201.jpg

the landy then broke a CV joint, so we decided to leave. on the way back my truck over heated, so i needed recovering. :oops:

P1000203.jpg

got the trucks back to the farm and i then spent a few hours with the derv pressure washer attempting to wash all the clay off.

after washing some of the mud off the damage became more noticeable. :thumbdown:

dented the off side rear quarter, just like i did to the other side on the shropshire landcruiser laning weekend. also put some nice big gouges in the fibre glass arch. :thumbdown:

P1000204.jpg

near side dent. :doh:

P1000207.jpg

dent & broken arch. :thumbdown:

P1000208.jpg

my truck is looking very battered now, and needs a bit of tlc. will be taking it off the road for a month or 2 in august so will get it all repaired then. :thumbup:

I used to go to Buildwas a lot when I lived in Telford and put a dent or two in my 80 playing in the woods there as well :)

Man, you got that thing stuck in the gloup Ben - looked like my attempt at the mud in Lincomb... Yuk!!! :lol:

Looks as though you had a good fun day there m8 :thumbup: :D

Boring stuff I know Ben, but there is actually a max length for a tow rope and there is a good chance of being pulled if you are seen with a big one :lol: . I actually witnessed a vehicle pull out onto a roundabout once, between two vehicle towing with a rope that was so long it made it look like there was a gap. It was a hell of a mess.

I suppose there can't be that many more Bentleys out there :roll:

Chris

Looks like you had a good day out Ben :thumbup: :thumbup:

shame about the damage though :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks guys! :thumbup:

just spent 4 hours after work working on my truck. removed the rad and spent an hour cleaning all the clay out of it. :thumbdown:

starter motor seems knackered so a new one of those is on order, and the batteries definitely need replacing.

thinking of buying a pair of these:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4505wt_754

removed the bent side step today, need to crack on and make some rock sliders. im getting very tempted to take it off the road for a month or 2 now and try and get it all sorted. need to order the rear arch repair panels from Germany and get them welded in and sprayed, and need to under seal/waxoil the entire underneath and inside all the doors, sills, chassis etc. :thumbup:

Chris we used a kinetic rope to tow me back, not sure what length, possibly 8meters. worked very well, i understand what your saying though, fortunately the roads were quite. :thumbup:

id appreciate it if you didnt mention the bentley again, got a few insurance company letters through today. :lol: :shh:

My lips are sealed. What Bentley? :shhh:

Chris

ben said:
id appreciate it if you didnt mention the bentley again, got a few insurance company letters through today. :lol: :shh:
I take it they weren't letters of congratulations and thanking you for being such a brilliant customers of theirs :whistle:

Andrew Prince said:
ben said:
I take it they weren't letters of congratulations and thanking you for being such a brilliant customers of theirs :whistle:

:lol: :lol:

no unfortunately not! :oops:

finally got her running again tonight. :dance:

it made the 2 hours spent underneath the truck, in the rain, with 5hit falling in my eyes all worth it when she finally roared into life with the first turn of the key. :D

fitted a pair of new batteries and a new starter. still got a few warning lights on the dash, but im convinced these are due to a dodgy connection, possibly on the charging regulator, as when i accelerated hard over some bumps the lights momentarily turned off. :thumbup:

im planning 3 more laning trips this month, and then im definitely taking her off the road, to do all the work i want to do on her. :thumbup:

Back