Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bull.....sh*t

A rather cross beast posted on Overland Cruisers facebook page:

Flint,An old mate of mine told me that if you have any trouble with
rambustious Bulls to whip around and grab them by the balls.Just give them a squeeze now and again,you can push them anywhere but when you let go jump over the nearest fence.The same bloke use to get in the race behind yearling
bulls,grab the nuts and with a sharp knife castrate them.They used to have a
cook up of them and have a few beers when finished for the day.

Hmm, im right behind you on that one Pat! :animals-dogrun: :lol:

Last edited:
Hehe, that’s the way to do it ! I used to keep a bit of stock here and one of the Murray Grey bullocks I’d raised from birth decided to give me a sneaky kick one day. As he was near enough full grown, I felt it, As I’d just gone out on a dark,windy wet night to give him some grub, I was a bit miffed and gave him a hefty whack on the nose and kicked him back. It didn’t please him much, but he never kicked me again. I fell out a bit with the trainee vet who came out to castrate him, can’t imagine why, all I said was “just a little prick with a needle, but he’ll be gone soon”.

I wonder did the reverse gear not work?

Hmm, good question. I did notice it was LHD…….wonder who was in the passenger seat ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good for him, he did some damage by the look of it!

Front bumper, arch trim, front tyre-wall punctured, and the radiator :lol:

when we were growing tomatoes,I used to take a bucket of seconds down into the paddock and sit down on an upturned bucket with the full one in front.We had 3 cows ,Rebecca a red one with a twisted face you thought she was looking
at you but was looking 5 miles down the road,Marzi a Murray grey named after my sister with a lovely well modulated moo,Margy another Murray grey
with a brash loud mouthed moo named after my wife.When they saw me they would wander over and then the first one would nudge my arm and so one for you,one for you and one for you.well they were great cows a calf every year
until they were about 17 years old and it hurt we they had to go.
Obviously that Bulls owner didn't bring him up right.

Going a bit Farmers Weekly here, but my first cow was a sweet natured and calm Aberdeen Angus called Girly. I got her at a few weeks old, bought her home in the back of the car. She was very friendly, but polite with it, never pushy, with a slightly odd falsetto moo and a dashing hairstyle. She had a calf every other year for many years, always an easy birth and a great mother, always healthy. Then one day, out of the blue, she just dropped dead, vet reckoned she’d had a heart attack. Unfortunately, where she’d died it was almost impossible to move or bury her, trees and a steep wet slope, so it was a funeral pyre job, which seemed fitting. Quite a few tears and weary legs later (took a fair old bit of timber) the job was done.

It looked like the bull in the video had probably got away from a bull fight or similar, so I’m not surprised that he was angry. One of our previous neighbours father was dispatched by a bull, not to speak ill of the dead but judging by what I learnt of him, quite possibly a fair cop, what goes round comes round and all that. I found that in general, if not scared or trained to be mean, animals are pretty good natured if treated with respect, though I did have a ram who was just plain bloody minded, you turned your back on him at your peril !

Reactions: Pat
Going a bit Farmers Weekly here, but my first cow was a sweet natured and calm Aberdeen Angus called Girly. I got her at a few weeks old, bought her home in the back of the car. She was very friendly, but polite with it, never pushy, with a slightly odd falsetto moo and a dashing hairstyle. She had a calf every other year for many years, always an easy birth and a great mother, always healthy. Then one day, out of the blue, she just dropped dead, vet reckoned she’d had a heart attack. Unfortunately, where she’d died it was almost impossible to move or bury her, trees and a steep wet slope, so it was a funeral pyre job, which seemed fitting. Quite a few tears and weary legs later (took a fair old bit of timber) the job was done.

It looked like the bull in the video had probably got away from a bull fight or similar, so I’m not surprised that he was angry. One of our previous neighbours father was dispatched by a bull, not to speak ill of the dead but judging by what I learnt of him, quite possibly a fair cop, what goes round comes round and all that. I found that in general, if not scared or trained to be mean, animals are pretty good natured if treated with respect, though I did have a ram who was just plain bloody minded, you turned your back on him at your peril !

We shared a ram by the name of Harry with our neighbours.He had been a
children's pet and after he had been banished to the paddocks to his his job,
over the years he got more bloody stroppy every day.Sandra our neighbour would put a lead around his neck and he walked quietly with her but any bloke that got in the paddock with him was his target.He constantly had goes at next doors husband,me heaps of times and I would open the gate for fresh grazing
for the prick and he would turn around and charge,our huntaway saved me
every time,but his favourite target was my near 50year old son,he reckoned the
savage bugger stalked him.Well a few weeks ago we all had a serious talk about
him and even the neighbours wife said he was a danger to their grandkids etc
so I got our home kill bloke and after we warned him he came and did the job.
I offered the neighbours some of the good fresh mince but they didn't fancy eating him.

image.jpeg

That's Harry just to the right of the yards.Brilliant at his job but dangerous.

Back