Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bullet Proof (Literally)

What would make the laminate on the window go like that? I would suspect it's like this on all the layers down.

Suspect these have been sitting in a yard for a long long time, and been sold as scrap, and the guy is trying to sell them on instead.

Moisture between the layers makes it all go milky

It’s not going to be cheap to replace the glass. Even less so to replace it with bullet proof.

I'd say its hoped the armour plating will come out, I can't see much demand for a Cruiser which weighs at least 5 tonnes.

Well some Overland trucks are pretty Lardy in their weight!

Been looking for a 105 but omg the work needed to remove all that armour plating.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Somebody’s caught a cold on that if the sale goes through if they just want a standard truck.

Somebody’s caught a cold on that if the sale goes through if they just want a standard truck.
The seller will be Laughing his head off Rich!...I guess at that Price it wont be broken for Spares...

Having built two FTE 105’s and knowing the company that have done the armoured conversion, in my opinion the best thing to do is buy the 105 of choice, then buy a 100 series and reshell the 105 chassis and axles with the 100 series engine, gearbox and body shell.

Having built two FTE 105’s and knowing the company that have done the armoured conversion, in my opinion the best thing to do is buy the 105 of choice, then buy a 100 series and reshell the 105 chassis and axles with the 100 series engine, gearbox and body shell.

now thats someone who knows the way. There is so much that is basic and underpowered about a 105 that can be improved by morphing into a 100 series. My 100 series, an 04 with drawers,roof tent, fridge, awning and all associated kit feels only adequate power wise compared with a comparative standard model so all that kit on a 105 could make a journey somewhat arduous in my opinion. Although it wouldn't be straightforward, it could be if required changed to auto, which would be my preference although a front diff from a petrol 105 might be needed ( unless you started with a petrol 105).
Still, it would give you the best of all worlds, as Tom said.

I was tempted, but after talking to the seller removing the armour is going to take hours and hours of work that makes it more expensive than just importing one from AUS.

I was tempted, but after talking to the seller removing the armour is going to take hours and hours of work that makes it more expensive than just importing one from AUS.

Importing one from Aus is the way to go if really wanting a 105.

Back